Chapter 13

George had kept his promise after that night; nothing was the result of the moment shared between the two. Quite literally, nothing. The ginger boy had suddenly fallen back into the pattern of polite greetings and business talks for the blonde girl, and that was it. They were strictly boss and employee, nothing else. Clover wouldn't have had any complaints about that, given the awkwardness of the situation, if other people weren't beginning to realize that as well. And by other people she meant Lee Jordan.

Clover and Lee were locking up the shop one night about a week after it had happened. The door that led up to George's flat had just closed behind the ginger himself, leaving the shop empty save for the two other employees.

"Alright, would you bloody tell me what's going on with him now?" Lee huffed while crossing his arms across his chest and leaning against the register, "The git hasn't said a word to you in the past week and I'm quite tired of having to be a messenger between the two of you."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," she lied, hoping to avoid the conversation at hand.

"Oh come on," he groaned, using his fingers to start counting off the things he has noticed from George, "He won't talk to you, he's working himself even harder than he already does, he's planned out our schedules so that you two are never alone on a shift. It's like...it's like he can't even look at you without paling and walking away."

Clover opened her mouth in an attempt to come up with another excuse when the door to the shop rang open, Babs strolling in casually.

"What's with all the bickering, arseholes?" He commented, walking over and swooping a kiss onto Clover's cheek.

Lee looked up at him with a smirk on his face, tapping his cheek as if to ask for a kiss of his own. But when instead he was met with an eye roll and a slight shove, he pouted and reconvened the conversation.

"Somethings going on between her," he stopped and pointed at Clover, "and George. He's not talking to her."

"Like I said," Clover gritted her teeth and answered, "I have no clue what you're going on about, maybe you're just-,"

"Bloody fuck," her sentence was cut off when Babs gasped and pointed at her accusingly, "You two shagged, didn't you?!"

Clover's face paled and a slight blush rose to her cheeks at her best friends abruptness. She wanted to groan at how he knew her so well, how he knew exactly what she was trying to do. It's what she's always done: avoid and run.

Lee's eyebrows creased in confusion as he looked over at the dark-haired boy, "They're not even talking, how could they have shagged? That makes no-,"

"When?" Babs cut him off, staring directly at Clover with a knowing smirk on his face, "I'm right, aren't I? When did you two bloody shag, and why haven't you told me?!"

"Hold on," Lee looked directly at Clover with his mouth opened in shock and his hand on his hip, "You two shagged and I'm the last one to find out?! I'm going to find that git and give him a piece of my-,"

He started strutting towards the door up to George's flat, when Clover grabbed onto his arm. It meant nothing to her, she reminded herself, but that still didn't mean she wanted anyone talking about it. Hearing the words out loud made it too real for her, and that's the exact opposite of what she wanted.

"You're not going to say anything while I'm here," she shot him a hard stare and spoke sharply, "Yes, we did...,"

She hesitated, but both Lee and Babs had finished her thought for her.

"Fuck each other shitless."

"Finally relieve the sexual tension between you two."

The blonde girl rolled her eyes before continuing, "Anyways, it happened. But we both agreed that it meant nothing. So, if that's okay with you two nitwits I would like to get on with my day without making a big deal out of nothing."