Chapter 26

Clover should have been mad. She should've been beyond angry at what George had did to her the night before. But she wasn't, for more reasons than one. Firstly, she was tired. Clover had been both physically and mentally exhausted from the events that spanned the last 24 hours. And secondly...well, she was absolutely drunk.

After her night with Charlie, Clover ended up heading back towards Riot just in time to catch Babs at the end of his shift. As soon as they saw each other, neither of them said a word. Their tired physical appearances said enough. Instead, they sat down at the bar top and drowned themselves in their own sorrows until they were no longer sober. And that's when the emotions began flowing, that's when both of them felt just a little more vulnerable, a little more human.

Drinking and talking and living, the two of them hadn't realized the sun had snuck into the sky and pulled the world out of the darkness. But Rory had, and that's when he kicked both of them out, claiming that he refused to serve them when they were this far gone.

So Clover and Babs exited Riot and shielded their eyes from the sun, mourning the loss of their beautiful darkness. They stumbled against each other in pure drunkenness and laughed, despite the world laughing at them.

"Charlie must've been a good one," Babs snorted as he nudged Clover with his elbow and pointed at the trail of red marks on her neck, "Marked you up good."

"Yeah," the blonde girl laughed, both of them slumping against the wall outside of Riot, "He was an alright bloke."

"Just alright?" He shot her an exasperated look before a smirk broke out on his face, "I think you're just upset that you shagged a ginger whose name wasn't George Weasley."

"Oi, shut it. I don't want to talk about that git anymore," she rolled her eyes and pointed at him threateningly, "Besides, at least I'm not getting married to some girl when I'm attracted to blokes, hmm."

And because they were both drunk and none of it mattered right now, they laughed again. They laughed and laughed and laughed as if they never have before. As if they never will again.

"Fuck," Babs whispered between chuckles, "I forgot about that. I guess I am."

Clover placed a hand on his cheek and sighed, the alcohol making her promise things she knew she shouldn't have, "I won't let them force you to do that. We'll get you out of it, yeah?"

"Clo-,"

His face flooded with worry, and then again with a different emotion: fear.

"I promise you," she spoke fiercely.

They stared at each other silently for a moment, but even in the intoxicated state he was in Babs knew better then to get his hopes up. They both did. So instead he smiled.

"You've been hanging out with those bloody gryffindors too much," a smirk pulled at his lips, "Speaking of which, aren't you going to be late for work."

The blonde girl's face dropped as she checked the time and noticed just how late she was going to be. It wasn't the fact that she was going to be late that scared her, Clover didn't care about that at all. But what she was worried about was having to talk to George even more than she needed to, it would be too much for her. Even in the state she was in, Clover knew she needed to avoid him. Otherwise, she would take back everything she knew she shouldn't.

Quickly, she placed a kiss on Babs' cheek, watching as he disapparated with a wink. She turned around and began hurrying down the street, pushing and stumbling past people to get there as fast as she could. To get there before she had to announce why she was late to George.