As Long As You'll Let Me

I cannot even begin to give my thanks for your patience and endless support. I am so happy to be back and writing. I've missed it tons. 

526k reads? I can't even begin to give my thanks. Going from 0 reads, 1k reads, to this? I truly mean it every time I say it, I never imagined this sort of response to my writing. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I adore you all more then you'll ever know or be able to understand. 

I hope that you enjoy, I'm sorry for the lack of updates up until now. This chapter is extra long so hopefully that helps! 

Angel POV

"Z, I'll be fined." I rolled my eyes and huffed quietly.

He was so, so wonderfully protective sometimes. It was bordering unbearable at this point.

"I-I don't want y-you getting hurt." The pout he sported was incredibly endearing. I pushed up so I was balanced on the balls of my feet and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

"I won't, okay? Even if things go wrong, you'll be here, yeah? I can always come back to you." I felt something deep inside of me when I said these words. Unfortunately, now wasn't the time to think too much about it.

"I'll be here," He whispered with his lips grazing my forehead.

I sighed contently and pressed myself against him, an overwhelming feeling of security falling over me. Zanthus was able to make me feel so many things, the depth of my emotions was a bit frightening.

"You're so wonderful, you know that?" I laughed quietly when he just wrapped his arms around me tighter, leaving me practically immobile. "I'll see you in a bit, yeah?"

"Y-Yeah," I could tell he wasn't thrilled about the situation, "Go on then," He grumbled with a sigh.

"Brilliant." My hands curled into the bottom of his shirt and I pressed my lips to the bottom of his chin.

He cracked a smile at this, leaning down to crowd my face with chaste kisses before pulling back to give me a proper kiss. It was apparent that he didn't want to let go, and his resistance was oddly reassuring.

I squeezed his hand for a moment before turning and starting to make my way towards the direction Dimtri had walked off. As I made my way through the trees I could feel my anxiety become more apparent with each step.

Dimitri wasn't fond of me, that much was obvious.

I took a deep breath when I spotted him after a few minutes of walking. He leaned against a tree and didn't look well. How was I meant to approach this? I began to feel like my proposition of making amends with him was absurd.

"Er-Dimitri?" I wasn't expecting a response.

"What the fuck are you here for then?" Even though I had prepared myself for him to be harsh, hearing him was still disheartening.

I wasn't naturally accustomed to blunt hostility, such as that which transpired today. I wasn't going to retreat now though, I had already trudged my way over here so scampering off was out of the question.

Thinking about what to say, probably for too long, I eventually decided it was best to just be genuine.

"Dimitri, could we just have a conversation, maybe? I don't--I'm not here to upset you or make things worse than they already are. All I want to do is talk to you," He was silent and I was almost certain he was going to ignore me entirely.

"Why do you want to talk?" Dimitri's voice was rough, but the sort of rough that comes as a product of a crying session rather than from anger.

He hadn't been pleasant to me at all, but I still didn't like seeming so dejected. I didn't like when people were hurting.