I'll Be Waiting With You, Xander

To all of my beautiful babes out there, happy National Coming Out Day. Whether your out to others or simply out to yourself, you are so strong. All my love is with you, always. xx

Always, 76k? The last chapter I was thanking you for 70k, I can't believe how fast they're building up. You all inspire me so so much, thank you for the kindness you give me. I sort through ever notification I get from you all, even if they're hundreds a day. You are individually so important to be. Enjoy this chapter.

This is a chapter in Xander's POV that showcases his and Jax's relationship, per high demand. Hope you enjoy it. It was a special one for me to right, for many reasons. Close to the heart-hits home.

The regular chapter following where the story picks up with Xander & Angel will be up tomorrow!

Song: Friends, Ed Sheeran, Don't EP

Xander POV

"Stop it. You're the worst." Jax groans as I poke his
ribcage with my foot.

"You don't mean it." I tease, poking him again.

He sighs before sitting up and facing me entirely. His hair sweeps a bit over his forehead and he reaches his fingers up to run through the fringe a few times. His fingers are peeking out of the jumper sleeves swallowing him, courtesy of me.

"D'you reckon I should get my hair chopped soon?" He pauses his fiddling to meet my now wide eyes with his own.

"No! Fuck, no you shouldn't. S'perfect, don't chop it." I blurt out, "Er-mate." I tack on and do my best not to cringe at my own statement.

Jax's eyes narrow but the hints of his smile are clear, "Right..." He drawls.

"I didn't mean to be like, weird about it or summat." I clear my throat, "I just like, I think you look nice with it as is. No need to chop it or that shit." I can feel the red burning into the flesh of my cheeks.

"I get it, Zed." Jax smiles at me.

"I thought I told you not to call me that." I cross my arms.

Jax frowns and sinks further into the couch. He mumbled something but it wasn't coherent to me, words and letters not reaching my ears. I stand up, taking the few steps necessary in order to be stood in front of him. Falling to sit next to Jax, I sigh.

"You know I don't mind when you call me Zed, yeah?" I murmur, knocking my shoulder against his. He huffs and makes a show to put space between us. "Oi, don't be like that then." I protest, situating myself again to be sat shoulder to shoulder with him.

"Don't be like that then." Jax mocks, nose scrunching up.

I roll my eyes but am ever fond of his antics. The flock of butterflies swimming happily in my stomach grows more apparent by the second. The urge to trace the lines amongst the sides of his eyes and run a hand through the roots of his hair to the tips of his fringe is almost unbearable.