So I'll Pick You Up After Psych, Then?

"That's not even remotely true, Jax." Hades exclaims, rolling his eyes at the last boy's comment.

"It so is. I even looked it up!" Jax defends himself, causing a chorus of groans to sound around the table at his words.

"Yeah? Have you seen where the internet's got you in the past? You are such an imbecile sometimes, I'm lucky if I don't lose a good half of my brain cells each time I speak to you." hades states, which causes Jax to frown at his words.

"That arguments invalid. If you were to lose half your brain cells each time we interacted, you'd had lost them all by now. Hell, you'd be dead!" Jax fights back, and Hades just drops his head into his hands sighing.

"Better off dead rather to sitting and listening to you talk out of your arse on no end!" Hades fires back at Jax launching the two into an extremely vulgar argument, to say the least.

"Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only mature one here. So disappointing seeing them act like such children. Wouldn't you agree, Dimitri?" Maxim says as he shakes his head mockingly at the scene in front of him.

"Oh, and you're any better?" Dimitri barks out, laughing at the boy across the table from him. "If anything, I'm the only mature one of us." He says, causing Xander to whip his head in order to face Dimitri, who is sitting beside him.

"Are you joking? Or have you really lost it this time." He snaps at him, which riles up an argument amongst the two while Maxim just sits with a wide smile on his face at the chaos he has created between his friends.

I feel a tug on my arm and turn towards the right to see Zanthus who's looking at me with a timid smile on his face, and I raise my eyebrows in question as to why he caught my attention. When he doesn't say anything for a bit, I can't help but start to become a bit lost by his antics.

"What is it?" I ask him, hoping to maybe get some sort of conversation out of him. He gives me a sort of embarrassed look as he shrugs his shoulders and just continues to look at me. Despite my slight annoyance to the fact that he hasn't said a thing to me so far at lunch, I can't help but smile at how adorable he is.

His gaze never wavers from mine as he scoots a bit closer to me so were no longer separated as much by the previously well-sized gap between us. I can't help but blush as he stares so intently at me. I see him reach his hand up towards his face like he had done earlier in the hall, and I feel him tuck another loose strand of hair behind my ear before his arm retreats back to his side quickly.

"Y-you're-" Zanthus cuts himself off with a shaky sigh as he clothes his eyes and takes a deep breath before he goes to speak again. "You're beautiful." He exclaims softly, causing my heart to skip a beat.

I think I've just died.

I rock back and forth on the palms of my hands that are placed to my sides, taking a peek at Zanthus every few seconds. I know I'm redder than ever before right now, but can't find myself caring all too much as I replay Zanthus' words over in my head. I take a few breaths in hopes to help bring myself back down to a normal state.

"I-uh, I'm-" I shut my eyes and squeeze them tight while I shake my head side to side a bit in the embarrassment of my sailed sentence. "Thank you." I settle on quietly, sending a shy smile towards Zanthus who appears to be just as red as I.

Zanthus nods his head up and down in acknowledgment to my appreciation, glancing anywhere but me. As we are enveloped in silence again, I steal a few glances at him every now and then. I feel the blood rush through my cheeks again when Zanthus turns to look at me ending in our eyes locking, ultimately with him catching me staring his way. I am surprised when I see him flush a bit too at this exchange.