And Come I Did

Hi loves! So I'm out of the hospital, and I e moved, been at uni, started a new job, a lot has happened in my left that had kept me from writing. I hope you can all forgive me for my lack of posting the past year about. I actually cried while writing this today (which's ids funny when you consider the content—you'll get it once you read it) because I was so happy to be writing this story again.

You've all brought me so much joy over time. Your comments keep me going. I'm so thankful you've enjoyed this story. I'm so eager to write the next chapter, then the next, and the next and the next and the next. I'm overjoyed to be back, and hope this chapter makes up for my absence. Let me know if you like it!

 Let me know if you like it!

Angel POV

"S-swear I can s-s-see you s-soon?" Zanthus' face flushed slightly as he stumbled through his sentence, but I truly couldn't care less about his stutter.

It was a bit unnerving to have someone so attentive in my life. Someone who wanted to see me, spend time indulging in me and my absurdly (below) average person. Someone you wanted to take care of me, whose eyes lit up when they saw me walk into the room.

I was still adjusting to that, what with this relationship being so new.

"Yes, yes, swear it. I just need to get some things settled here." I walked across the room from where I had set my bags down and stopped when I was right in front of Zanthus.

He was at the foot of my bed, and soon enough he had grabbed me by the hips and pulled me to sit atop his lap. It was my turn to flush, quite vehemently may I add, and I drew my bottom lip between my teeth instinctually.

Zanthus chuckled quietly and delicately ran his fingers from the dips of my spine to the top, and down again. "Y-You get more beautiful e-every day."

When he said things like that it just made me feel like my heart was going to stop and I would keel over for good.

There was a part of me who hadn't a clue what I was doing in a relationship with someone of the likes of Zanthus. Though, the part of me that adored him endlessly seemed to easily override my hesitancy towards the whole thing.

I wanted to be with Zanthus, despite any doubts I may have in passing.

I brought my arms up to rest on his shoulders, hands running through the hair at the base of his neck as I hummed in a non-committal manner. "You don't have to flatter me so much, you know."

He shook his head, dark brown eyes ever so captivating as they looked at me with determined vigour. "I w-want to. A-Always," Zanthus leaned in, lips softly meeting my forehead. "A-Always want to."

I sighed contently, not quite sure what to say in response like that. Sometimes Zanthus said the smallest things that seemed so intense and it caught me off-kilter.

"You're too good to me, don't you know that?" My head was pressed into the crease of his neck by now, so my words came out slightly muffled. I cringed at how self-deprecating they sounded.