See You Monday, Love

Babes!

I am so so sorry fo the extended wait on this chapter. I've been wanting to get it right and not water anything down or rush, so I had to wait until I had a day to actually think it through to finish writing it. Safe to say I'm over my writers block. 😅

I hope you lot enjoy this chapter, I surely enjoyed writing it. Stay in tuned for more soon. I promise to make this late update up to you. xxxx

50K?!
I cannot thank you enough for 50,000 reads on here. As well, I get loads and loads of comments-100's of notifications a day of you engaging with my work. It brings me to tears, I never thought I could get one person to read my work, let alone the amount I've accumulated on here. I will be doing my best to respond to comments and PM's, you mean the absolute world to me. I am inspired by you, you guys are what keeps me going. Thank you. Enjoy!

Song: Dive, Ed Sheeran, Divide

Angel POV

"You didn't have to. I-they're so beautiful." I busy myself with the bouquet of white carnations to hide the flush I'm certain is painting my cheeks.

"I wasn't s-s-sure what co-colour you'd l-like." Zanthus wrings his fingers nervously, bottom lip pulled between his teeth.

I can't help but smile. "They're gorgeous. Truly, thank you Zanthus."

He shuffles on his feet, decidedly shoving his hands into his back jean pockets. I take the vase holding the flowers and walk it over to the kitchen table, placing it delicately in the middle. I stare at them just a moment longer before turning around.

"So." I start cautiously.

"So." Zanthus draws back, tone deep and holding just a bit of rasp.

I take a step closer. "So." It's quieter this time.

"Q-quit it." Zanthus chuckles, bringing his eyes up to meet my own.

"Okay, okay." I abide softly, positively beaming by this point.

"Are y-you ready, th-then?" He flicks his head in the direction of the foyer.

"Yeah, yeah. Course! If you are," I nod eagerly and Zanthus shoots me a brighter smile.

He reaches out a hand towards me, and I instantly slip my fingers into his. He looks a bit taken back at the suddenness of the contact, but squeezes my hand to his nonetheless and sheepishly meets my eyes before he begins to lead us out of the house.

"Hold on just a mo, I've got to lock the door," I exclaim as he begins to head towards the driveway once we're past the door. He doesn't let go of my hand in his when I do so, which causes a bit of a struggle but I silently cheer when the lock finally clicks. "Right then, all set." Zanthus is still for a second, but quickly shakes out of it and begins back towards his original path.