Is That A Good Thing?

Song: The City, album +, Ed Sheeran

Angels' POV

As I walk on to the glorious campus, known as Kingsman College, of which I also refer to as my second home-sad, I know-I begin to wonder what crazy event may occur today between me and Zanthus.

It seems my life has just about flipped over the past two days.

Monday, Zanthus thanks me for taking over and reading for him. Yesterday, Zanthus smiles at me, multiple times may I add. And today, well, only time will tell.

Although that list may not seem like a big deal, because the actions are so small and done on a regular basis by many, they are in regards to Zanthus.

Let's just say Zanthus isn't very well mannered, to put it nicely. I don't think I've ever heard him use manners in any sense, let alone say thank you, especially for such a simple task as mine was. And the smile, don't even get me started on that. There hasn't been a day of which I have seen him smile to anyone besides his close knit friends, and I've been going to school with him since primary school.

I mean, talking has got to be our next step yeah?

He's practically already done it, in a way. Through Xander that was, so now he just needs to open his mouth and actually speak to me directly. I know he's not big on talking, I've barely heard him speak with a vocabulary other than a few words every now and then over the years, but maybe he's up for it now?My thoughts are forced to draw to a quick halt as I feel myself collide with another body.

Just my luck.

"Watch where you're going, you tosser." The voice spits angrily, and I feel my blood cool as I realize who it belongs to. I slowly begin to lift my head in order to be sure, and put a face to the name of the voice.

When I am met with a practically fumin Dimitri, I freeze.

I'm not going to fib, Dimitri's glare is quite intimidating. Along with his body, stance, it was all just a no in my book. He looked like he was ready to attack at any moment, and that wasn't settling in the slightest for me. I felt as if I was paralyzed under his gaze, no matter how hard I tried to get my body to comply with my brains needs, it wasn't working.

"Dimitri, mate, what's wrong?" I look to see Xander standing, observing the situation at hand with confusion written all over his face, but DImitri doesn't speak and just continues glaring at me, which leads to Xander turing to me.

"What's the problem here Angel? Since Dimitri seems to be in a foul mood, I'd appreciate it if you enlightened me on why my dear mate here is looking at you like you just killed his puppy."

"Uh... I-I don't really know?" I say, but it comes out more of a question. "He's just been, staring at me, and not moving, or speaking, maybe not even breathing. He looks kind of crazy." I finish off, and immediately force my hand over my mouth to prevent further outbursts.

"Dimitri can be a bit... ill mannered sometimes. I'm sure he was dropped quite a few times as a kid, but I can never be a hundred percent sure of that. Though if you ask me, it's highly likely." Xander tells me, and a playful demeanor shines through him as he speaks the last few sentences. "But anyways, what happened to send him into this, mood."

Something about Xander's persona just seems to make me more comfortable around him instantly. He reminds me of my brother somewhat, although I don't know if that may be good or bad. I ignore my thoughts, and then refocus myself on forming a response and letting it flow out of my lips of Xander to hear. I sit for just about a few more seconds and then finally speak up.

This is a bad idea.

"Well I mean, i didn't do anything. I bumped into Dimitri on accident, well, he bumped into me, either or really. I would say it was a fifty fifty fault here. But I mean, I think he's kind of mad at me, because he was being quite rude in my opinion, then again i haven't been exposed very much to the social world, so my judgement could be a bit off. Then again, he hasn't really said anything, just scowled at me, but that could maybe be a good sign? Maybe he was just being neutral? Like, he wasn't being rude, but he wasn't being nice either, so it could just be classified into the category of in between I guess. I'm not really- " I ramble out quickly, talking to fast to even leave room for a stutter. Xander cuts me off at the end with a chuckle and began to speak.

See, bad idea.

"Ok, I think I get it. Thank you Angel. No need to ramble on." Xander's tone is teasing and light despite his harsh demeanor.

I really shouldn't open my mouth when I'm nervous.

A blush fights its way up my cheeks rapidly and I do my best to turn away before he can see, although I'm guessing by the small chuckle he lets out that he already saw. I do my best to focus on cooling my cheeks and I slowly feel them start to return to their natural color. I know that it worked once Xander speaks up.

"Ah,you're no longer a cherry." he says to me, causing me to begin to grow red again, and with the somewhat devious grin making a way to his face again that was the plan all along.

I never knew that someone so, harsh appearing, could be so, well normal. Xander was just like any other college lad, if not he was actually superior to some. He came of as an angry one in the halls and such, but when he gets to talking you can see his blatant playful side. I must even say that he is enjoyable to be around. I never in a million years believed I would ever even think that, let alone I would ever be one of the people that found this out about him.

It was all surreal, that I was standing here, talking to Xander, having a laugh with Xander. On any other day, I would be scared for my life trying to do everything I could to stay out of their path, given their bad reputation. Though here we are now, and Xander has me questioning if they really are as bad as they're made out to be.

"Thank you, I-" I'm rudely cut off when Dimitri interjects, almost spitting as he speaks to me.

"Do you ever shut the fuck up?" Although I am well aware it was a rhetorical question, I can't help the nervous rambling that starts once I open my mouth.

"Well, I mean I do when I'm alone. Well, not really, sometimes I dance around my house and sing at the top of my lungs, but then again that's singing, so it's not really talking. Technically would that be counted as-" I'm cut off yet again, not to my own surprise.

"Jesus Christ, shut the hell up won't you! I don't give a damn about you're fucking singing. Bloody fucking hell, I know now why you've never had any friends. You'd probably just talk their fucking ear into the ground as well." I can instantly feel tears well up in my eyes, and do my best to hold them in.

"Oh go do one Dimitri." I hear Xander see, and turn to see him staring at him with a wicked glare on his face.

I'm not quite sure at all why Xander is standing up for me.

"I'm serious mate. Fuck off somewhere else, but don't hang about here acting like a twat for no reason. Angels done nothing to you and you know it, so leave her be, yeah?" he says, his tone leaving no room for disagreement.

Dimitri scowls at me one last time, before turning and yanking the door open and disappearing inside the large college. Xander turns to me, the bright smile that that had gone now back on his face, causing a small smile to make its way to my face as well.

"All better." He says and I nod, and Xander sighs. "Honestly, Dimitri isn't as bad as his seems. He's all talk, on the inside he's a huge softy, trust me. You've just got to do a bit of shoveling." He tells me, though I doubt his words highly.

"No way! I mean have you seen him. He's just like a giant angry," I pause as I try to find the right word to describe Dimitri, "Angry brick!"

At this point, Xander is rumbling with laughter, his whole body shaking. I don't believe what I said is that funny. Honestly, it sounds very stupid when you think about it. My cheeks heat up once again as I find myself becoming embarrassed at my outburst. Xander's laughter eventually dies down and he comes up and swings his arm around my shoulder as he begins to lead us into the premesis.

"Ah cherry, I have never heard someone describe another as a, quote unquote, 'angry brick!'. You truly do kill me. In the best way possible, course." He tells me, taking glancing at me from the side as he speaks.

"Hey! Stop calling me cherry!" I exclaim, disregarding the rest of his statement blatantly.

"No can do, Cherry." He says, and I don't even have to look to know there is a huge smirk across his face. Well, It's seems like we're on nickname basis now.

Is that a good thing?