I Think I've Gone Insane

The first few chapters of this book aren't the best, and will be edited soon. I promise it gets better the further you get, don't give up after chapter one. Enjoy loves! xx

Song: Fire Alarms, album 5, Ed Sheeran

Angels' POV

I walk into my class and take my seat in the back of the room, where I do my best to hide from everyone else enrolled amongst myself. It's essentially an unmanageable task, but I still can't help trying. Social interaction isn't really at the top of my list, dare I say.

Being frank, I'm not a people's person in the slightest.

My lonesome tactics have seemingly acted as self preservation for me of some sort, though. I haven't had to deal with any pitiful and awfully cringewrothy drama in any of my days, much to my luck.

"Alright class, today we are going to do some reading as a class, since we haven't done so in a while." Mr.Clovis says, and there's immediately a loud chorus of groans heard from the class of students. 

"Ah, your favourite, I always forget. Anyhow, we have to do it, it helps with public speaking, and that is a major asset you will need when you leave college next year and go to university. So, we must begin now. We will go from the left corner of the class to the right corner." He exclaims and I immediately freeze up.

Well, today is not on my side then, is it?

"Alright students, please grab the book off of the corner of your desk and open it to page seventy-five. We will pick up where we left off last class. Alexander, you may begin for us." He says and gives a slight nod to the blonde haired boy in the back of the class, who seemed to be thrilled to be here.

"Most of the documents that came to Major Major's desk did not concern him at all. The vast majority consisted of allusions to prior communications which Major Major had never seen or heard of before." Alexander spoke in a tone, that could not possibly sound less bland, and that's all I heard before I began to zone out.

First, my morning had a a horrid start,which I would rather not talk about-and now here I am sitting at my desk, in college. I can feel my table shaking in the slightest as I bounce my leg up and down quick by nerves.

The last two years of college have been the worst for me, as they believe deeply in 'preparing you for university' and, 'doing what's to your own benifit!'. All in all, the amount of speaking I've had to do in front of people is absurd.

I snap back to reality after a bit of leisure day dreaming, and look to see Xander Hunt is currently reading, but I am too preoccupied to try and process through my head what he's saying. He is sitting right next to a body who appears to be asleep.

It takes me just seconds before I identify the sleeping body as Zanthus.

"Zanthus. It is your turn to read." Mr.Clovis says to Zanthus, although nobody calls him by his name so it's a bit odd coming from him.

The sleepy dark haired boy looks up for a mere few second and glares at the fairly tall man who stands in front of him. He raises his eyebrows as if challenging Zanthus to go against his orders, and the lad does exactly just that when he simply lays his head back onto his arms which were serving as a makeshift pillow for him, crossed over his table.

It would be an understatement to say that no one is surprised at his disrespect towards the professor and the interaction that just occurred. It is a common occurrence for them to get at it every time it comes to any sort of activities in class.

"Zanthus I will not ask you again." He snaps at him, though his orders seem to prove no avail for his case.

Zanthus continues to ignore him and keeps his head in his arms defiantly. It really is not outrageous, his behavior. He is notorious for being awful to authority. Though most of them just put up with it, Mr.Clovis always seems to get the most riled up about it. I turn to see that Mr.Clovis is now leaning over Zanthus with his hand on the table although Zanthus is yet to look up.