Matching tattoos

Percy

I squeezed Annabeth's hand as the tattoo artist set to work. We decided it wasn't going to be something big. Neither me nor Annabeth were that big fans of tattoos. However, I felt like it was stupid of me to have a tattoo of a camp, and not one of my and Annabeth's relationship. We agreed upon that we wanted the tattoo on a place where our skins touched. We came to a mutual agreement that the little tattoo was going to be on the inside of our right wrists.

I felt it stinging and itching, but I reminded myself that after this was over, me and Annabeth would be closer than ever. Annabeth always talked about wanting something permanent. I decided that this was pretty permanent.

"Done," the artist said. She wasn't the typical tattoo artist you thought of. I know that is somewhat prejudice, but she wasn't like the ones you saw in movies. She had no tattoos herself, at least as I could see. She was wearing a tight and clean, red tank top. She had her smooth, black hair in a ponytail and had a bright smile, her lips covered by pink lipstick. Her skin reminded me of Leo's, shining. She was pretty, but then I had the most gorgeous girl, right beside me, holding my hand.

I pulled my wrist back and stared at the tattoo. On the inside of my wrist, was a simple black owl. My skin was red around the lines, but I didn't think about it.

I switched seats with Annabeth and squeezed her hand. I was lost in her grey eyes. She was more beautiful than ever. She had her jumpsuit on, with my jacket wrapped around her. She smiled at me, and I happily returned it. Just everything about her was more perfect than ever. I guess the tattoos were already working on me.

When the artist finished, I stared at Annabeth's right wrist. There was a simple symbol of black a trident. Her skin was red, just like mine was. I leaned over and kissed her, long and deeply. She returned my passion and we sat there for what felt like two seconds, but apparently it was way more than that.

Someone cleared their throat, and I pulled back from Annabeth. We were both blushing. I walked up to the register and swiped my card and thanked the tattoo artist. I shook Annabeth's right hand, and our tattoos met. It almost looked like her tattoo was stabbing mine, but I quickly cleared that thought out of my head. We walked out of the tattoo studio and decided to enjoy the rest of our night. We would be returning to Camp Half-Blood. We would have the whole summer together, without anyone hitting on me or Annabeth, as they pretty much knew what would happen if they messed with the Son of the Sea god or the daughter of the goddess of Wisdom. We would be returning to our friends. I couldn't wait to meet Jason and Grover most of all.

We decided to stop at a shaved ice booth. We came to a silent agreement. I bought a blue one and took two spoons. When I brought out my card, I found a little note. On it was a number and a little pink kiss. I threw it in the bin and acted as if it never happened. I took a couple of napkins, knowing how I would lose control when it came to blue food. We both started going ham on the shaved ice.

"We should go to your home now," Annabeth suddenly said. I frowned and worry filled my lungs, making me almost feel like drowning. I thought this was what other people felt and felt sorry for them. I looked at Annabeth.

"Why?"

"You're not the only one with surprises, Seaweed Brain."

This time it was my turn to put on my cute face. Annabeth mentioned that I looked like a cute baby seal when I made the face. Whenever we were having an argument, I pulled out the face, and always Annabeth gave in. This time, though, she closed her eyes and started laughing. I guess I deserved it.

"Come on, Wise Girl."

"No. You have to wait!"

"I thought you didn't like surprises!"

"I don't like them, when I'm the one being surprised. I love to surprise people, though. Especially you, Seaweed Brain!" she started laughing her cute little laugh, which melted my heart whenever I heard it. I smiled. "I can tell you that it won't be a lot of waiting. I've already finished it." She took the last piece of shaved ice. I started complaining, but she started humming to Love me like you do. I gave up, since I knew that I wasn't going to win.

"Whatever you say, Wise Girl." I started removing my jacket from her shoulders.

"No, Percy, please. I'm cold."

"I was just messing with you. You got to trust the sea."

"I do. And you got to trust the dictionary," she said sarcastically. I had this joke about how the dictionary would give Annabeth powers. Just like water did to me. At first, I was genuinely thinking it would work, but then later realized how stupid it sounded. I had asked Annabeth if touching the dictionary would heal her in battle, just like water did to me. She started laughing and just punched my shoulder lightly.

"I sea what you did there," I added. I could tell she was trying hard not to make fun of me, but I didn't exactly make it easy for her. Every ten minutes I gave her a reason.

"That was so bad." She started laughing even more.

I leaned down to my right side and planted a kiss on her cheek.

We kept walking down toward the subway, through the big skyscrapers and the little shops. The sky was calm, so was the sea. The sea would always reflect my mood, and today it was calm, it always was when I was around her. I couldn't wait to see Annabeth's surprise. She always, and I mean always had the best surprises.