My imaginary boyfriend

Annabeth

I was definitely not going to dress up for my "date" with Scott. I was wearing grey Nike sweatpants, a black Nike Tech Fleece hoodie and some blue Adidas sneakers. I heard a knock on the cabin door and knew who it was. I opened the door to see the temporary senior head counsellor of cabin number 10, Piper McLean.

She was elected as the temporary senior head counsellor after Drew Tanaka, Jason and Leo had gone their ways for a quest. Originally, Piper was going to travel with Jason and Leo, but I convinced her to stay so that I at least had someone to talk to. Drew ended up leaving. Neither Nico, Thalia nor Grover was going to be around at camp. And I personally don't think talking to Travis and Connor Stoll was going to be so good, when they had some sort of conflict with Clarisse. I didn't want it to seem that I was supporting either of them, so those doors were pretty much closed. I knew Piper sacrificed a lot. From the first day since she, Jason and Leo had arrived at camp, Drew had been hitting on Piper's boyfriend, Jason. Jason made Piper sure that he was head over heels for Piper and that Drew could flirt with him, but he was coming to Camp Half-Blood again, as Piper McLean's boyfriend.

"Hey!" Piper said happily and we hugged.

"What is this, then?" she exclaimed, sounding disgusted. The perfect reaction I wanted. "You trying to get rejected?" she asked, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes.

"Actually, yes. I already told you I had a boyfriend."

"Yeah, what was his name again? Seaweed Brain?" she said mockingly. Even though she was my best friend at camp right now, I wanted to punch her for making fun of our relationship.

"I already told you that his father has cursed us from saying his name. I have to use crypted language."

"Annabeth, as hot as you are, you should be living life. Falling in love. Not rejecting every hot dude that shows up, just because you got this imaginary boyfriend." Ok, now, this was the first time she acted like an Aphrodite kid.

"You even heard Nico, Thalia, Grover, the Stolls and Clarisse confirm it," I said.

"As far as I know, they could be in on the act." I took a deep breath. She obviously didn't mean to sound so annoying. Honestly, it did sound quite crazy to think that your boyfriend's dad has cursed anyone from saying his name because his son was kidnapped.

"Whatever," I answered.

"So why you going on a date with Scott then?"

"He told me he would leave me alone, if he got just one date."

"One date might be all he needs," she said. I pointed my death glare at her.

"It's not going anywhere. You don't know what Seaweed Brain and I have been through together."

"I'm joking with you, even though he sounds a bit too perfect. I doubt that he is as hot as you described him."

"You have no idea how hot he is."

Our conversation was cut when I heard a loud and strong knock on the door. I gestured for Piper to go hide in the bathroom.

"Hey!" Scott grinned. He was leaning his left shoulder on the door frame with his hands in his pocket. He had his usual blonde hair, leaning to the right side. His blue eyes were sparking with mischievousness, and I immediately felt a stinge of yearning. The same way Percy's eyes were sparking. I shook it off though. He was wearing a white denim jacket. I saw that he had a black t-shirt underneath. His black jeans were matching with his black Jordan's. He was about a head taller than me, so I found myself staring up at him. He had an expensive designer watch on his left wrist, how do I know? He kept bragging about how hard it was to buy it to every single soul he saw in camp.

"Let's just get done with this," I grunted. I stepped out of the cabin, and smacked the door, making a loud noise. Luckily, curfew was in about thirty minutes, which meant the date would be short. Hey, he never told me how lang he wanted to be on the date. Neither did say that I had to talk to him during "our" date. He looked at me weirdly, and I did a little mental celebration. The plan was working.

"So, where do you want to go?"

"To my boyfriend."

He grinned at me, still dwelling, whether I was telling the truth or not.

"I still don't believe you, Annabeth. You look... nice."

"Really?" I said sarcastically. Honestly, I couldn't wait to get back to my cabin.

We stopped by Long Island Sound by the Fireworks Beach. I was happy that he decided to spend the majority of the "date" by the water. It reminded me of Percy. I looked down at my necklace and took a good look at my last four beads. Beads symbolizing me and Percy's quest. Reminding me of how much we had been through. I didn't bother to pay attention to the "date". I was too busy thinking of the one guy who could really take me on a date. I suddenly felt big hand on my left shoulder. I stared into deep, blue eyes.

"You ready to go back?" a gentle voice asked. I stared holes at Scott before feeling a little soothing sensation shiver my body as I watched the sea. The sea was at peace. Which most likely meant that Percy was at peace. And that seemed to calm me down. Knowing that he was alright. I snapped out of my thoughts. I shot of the bench and started to walk back towards my cabin, not even waiting for Scott. He caught up pretty soon, though and tried to break the conversation.

"You really not interested in me?" he asked, his voice shocked. I guess he wasn't used to girls rejecting him.

"Not really."

"You may not love me now, Annabeth. But you will. One day. You will be mine," he said dreamily. He had a crazy grin on his face, and there was something in his eyes. Maybe, determination?

"Yeah, right. Just remember that you won't be hitting on me from now on." I didn't wait for more words, as I ran to the sixth cabin, Athena's cabin. I felt a relieving feeling. I was officially free from Scott Garcia's doom.