PJ

Percy

~~A YEAR AGO~~

Honestly, I had no idea where I was heading. The sight of the two of them had been printed in the back of my mind, and it was terrible.

I had no interest in staying in New York, as she could easily find me again, since the only place I could really stay was with mom, and she would most likely convince me to talk to her. I was not going to talk to Annabeth, period, at least, not yet.

Olympus wasn't an option either, as some gods really wanted my head, and I was not in a mood of arguing with primordial beings, that have lived thousands of years, have countless amounts of knowledge, but still act like complete morons. I mean, assuming that a twelve-year-old kid could has stolen a lightning bolt? How stupid can they be? And to be honest, I didn't really want to see Athena, her grey eyes only reminded me of one person. Come to think of it, how on earth could I be so stupid? I always knew that Annabeth was much better than me, and she just so happened to figure it out, and decided to finally pick someone that were a little bit more worthy of her. It was really my fault, for getting so attached. However, I somehow thought that she wanted something permanent, guess you need good material to make something permanent, and apparently, I was no such thing.

That left me with one last place to go. To be fair, this was not a good idea either, in fact, it was a terrible idea, but it was the least terrible idea out there, so I decided to act upon my instincts.

I walked down, towards the beach. I glanced one final look at camp. I didn't want to take in too much, it would just cause my heart to ache more. After a five second glance, I dived straight in the water, and allowed myself to be dragged by Rainbow, headed towards my dad.

-------------

The pressure so deep down in the ocean was really starting to get to me now. It was like having a 40 kg barbell on my shoulders at all times. I had to constantly command the water to take some of the weight off of the imaginary barbell, so that moving around in the huge palace, that was surrounded by an enormous amount of guards easier. When Rainbow came to a stop infront of a huge entrance, that was the only entrance to the huge palace, that was surrounded by gigantic walls, four, heavily armored guards swam towards me. To say that I wasn't terrified would be a complete lie.

"It's an honour to see you again, your majesty," the biggest guard said, as he stopped in front of me.

I took a look at all my different directions, before it suddenly dawned on me that I was actually the so-called majesty they were referring to, since there was not a single soul near us.

So, I decided to say the most intelligent reply that a so-called royalty could come up with. I settled for a solid:

"No."

"Pardon me, your majesty?" the guard repeated. I could see that he was slightly nervous and confused.

"Don't call me that, call me Percy."

"Yes, of course." the guard answered.

"Can I speak to my father..." I waited for the guard to tell me his name.

"Barthin, and of course, Percy."

I could see that Barthin was now much calmer. The gates opened, and I was being guided through a huge palace. People were performing shows, unlike anything I had seen before. As we approached the big castle, in the center of the huge palace, huge gates again opened up, allowing us to make our way towards, hopefully my dad.

I knew that I should avoid Triton for as long as I could stay in Atlantis, as I really didn't need any more fighting.

We walked through huge hallways and came to a halt in front of a huge wooden door, which I assumed was my dad's bedroom. I groaned inwardly, when I remembered that Amphitrite also was sharing his bedroom.