Suit Up Whestphal

*Camilas P.O.V*

I sat on the pool edge dangling my feet in the water, eating an apple. We had just finished cool down and was listening to a story from Zoey... it was truly nice to see her coming out of her shell to the older girls.

"Look my old coach was truly insane, when the school was on fire he told us to finish the main set because we were still in water." Zoey said

"You're joking... no coach would be that crazy." Leah said leaning on the gutter.

"No I'm dead serious." Zoey said with a chuckle ending the conversation.

We all sit there at the end of the lane in silence for a moment looking at nothing and yet everything.

"Cam I know right here isn't the time but, I've been meaning to ask. Whats going on between you and Luke?" Zoey finally asked breaking the silence.

The smile I once had, left my face as I tried to hide the blushing.

"Yeah, yesterday at the lunch table I meant to say something as well." Kennedy added raising an eye brown toward me, probably noticing the blushing.

"Nothings going on." I said being honest... nothing really was going on we were just being nice to each other for once.

"Really? Then why hadn't there been a fight on deck for almost 2 weeks?" Leah asked joining the conversation.

"Were just being nice to each other, alright." I said wanting to end the conversation.

The table on deck, where the guys sat was close to lane 1. Honestly I was worried they were going to hear our conversation.

"There's no way you and Luke one day decided to be nice to each other." Kennedy said trying to get more out of me.

I dragged my toes acrossed the top of the water and clenched my hands on the edge of the pool.

"I called him a bitch." I finally said.

"What else is new?" Zoey said alittle to quickly making Leah snort, earning a quick glance from the guys.

Kennedy smiled at Zoeys comment and leaned against the lane line, keeping her eye sight on me.

"I called him a bitch and compared him to Hannah." I said quickly spitting the words out.

The small smiles on Leah and Kennedys faces dropped.

"Cam you didn't." Leah said with much shock in her voice.

I looked down at the water avoiding there disappointed glares.

"Camila..." Kennedy said in the same disappointed tone.

"I don't understand... why us that such a bad thing? Luke's a bitch and from what I've heard Hannah is too, so why is it wrong to compare them." Zoey asked.

"Because Hannah's a whole different type of bitch. Luke is just the sexist body shaming Luke. Hannah... Hannah is the tear your heart out and force you to watch her eat it type." Leah explained.

"Yeah, Hannah is the type of swimmer Luke doesn't want to be. When Luke dated her he turned into a whole different person, someone he doesn't like to mention. He lost Ashton for awhile because of it. Comparing him to Hannah can just be plan out rude." Kennedy explained, making me feel even worst.

Though I had so much hatred for Luke when he dated Hannah, my rival. He dated my rival! Yes I was still upset about it, but when he dated her it wasn't hard to spot the sadness in his eyes every now and then, showing that he wanted out of it. Every one lost him in a way, Ashton missed his best friend, and I. I lost one of my best friends.

And now she's texting him again, would I lose him again?

"It did stop him from being mean to me though." I stated pulling myself from my train of thought.

Kennedy went to make a rebuttal statement but was cut short by coach.

"Alright listen up! Big meet tomarrow, against the Trojans! Camilla that means Hannah will be racing you. Its a home meet so except reporters and all the formal jazz we normally have. Let's kick there butts ladies!" He yelled dismissing the swimmers.

"Westphal!" He called

"Yes coach." I responded.

"I heard a rumor Hannah was suiting up tomarrow so I want you to suit up as well. Swim fast and get that record."

I simply shook my head yes before entering the locker room with Kennedy.

"I can't help thinking, "Kennedy said starting the conversation again, "if you too are being so friendly, when will you start dating?"

Kennedy smirked at me and I tried to avoid her eye contact

"Ew no." I said, in a voice that sounded way to forced.

"C'mon, you got a lot in common... coach's children, no moms, swimming, hair color...." Kennedy said listing things

"OK, stop. He's just not my type alright."

At least not yet.

*hey! Next chapter is a dusy so it will take awhile to get out and it might come it two parts idk. See you next chapter fishes! Just keep swimming!

Word count: 836