You Hurt Me

*Luke's P.O.V*

I sat in the driver's spot in my car. Eating out of a McDonald's bag with Cam right next to me. She silently ate her chicken nuggets, looking out the window.

She hadn't said anything sense we finished training, especially after I made the apology comment. I turned toward her in my seat taking a sip from my soda before speaking.

"I'm not sure how long you can look out that window without getting bored." I stated trying to make a joke.

Cam turned toward me her brown eyes meeting mine for a moment before she went back to looking out of the window.

"Just thinking." She said quietly putting her empty chicken nugget box on the car floor.

"About what?" I asked trying to keep the conversation going.

She shook her head, not really wanting to talk about it but I kept the conversation going anyways. I knew what was making her sit there in silence, it wasn't exactly a secret.

"Look if its about the comment I made before you dove in for that last 25...." I said getting her to look at me.

"What else did you have to apologize for?" She asked, her voice quiet but trying to be brave.

"A lot. I have to apologize for being a bitch to you for all these years, apologize for not apologizing everytime I body shamed you or questioned your skills." I paused for a second licking my lips before continuing, "apologize for dating Hannah."

Cam looked down at the last comment and picked at her blue nail polish. Kennedys words still hung in my head, and seeing Cams reaction now when I talked about Hannah it was no secret.

"Look I didn't know you liked me when I started dating Hannah." I confessed, "you should have just told me."

Cam shook her head and pulled her eyes away from her nails.

"It didn't matter. After you came to the lunch table that one day I knew it was too late." Cam said referring back to the time when I told her that 'I only dated a winner', when I announced I was dating Hannah.

"Cam, I would have never known if Kennedy hadn't told when I was going to the lockeroom today."

Cams eyes got wide as I said that, and she finally made real eye contact with me. Her face concerned and an eye brow raised.

"I thought she just told you to be nice or she'd slit your throat." She said quoting the lie I told her on deck earlier.

"She did, but she also mentioned that if I hurt you like last time... then she'd hurt me." I stated waiting for the lash back, response of 'how dare you lie to me!'

But instead Cam sat back in the seat and crossed her arms.

"You dating Hannah wasn't the reason why I started to hate you." Cam said quietly.

I scrunched my eyes brows and looked at her, in my head I had the whole situation figured out... we were friends, I started dating her rival, then we weren't friends anymore... we were enemies.

Cam must have noticed my need for more of an explanation because she continued.

"Luke, you became a bitch when you started getting good. At first it wasn't much just some side remarks about how I was getting slower than you. Then you told me that I was too slow to train with you anymore, which at first I got. You needed to train with a guy. Someone who was built like you and could keep up with you. Me being a girl I just couldn't keep up... I guess I knew that was going to happen at some point. But I really snapped when you started dating Hannah and training with her." She stopped talking and looked out the window.

Suddently it all clicked in my head for me.

"Because I started training with a girl you didn't have reason to tell yourself why I wasn't training with you. You based it all of off genetics but when I started training with Hannah, who has the same build as you, you had no more excuses for how slow you felt."

She shook her head yes and looked back at me, her eyes glossy. Not because tears were threatening to fall but because she was in a angery-sad emotional state.

"It made it worst though that it was Hannah. I mean my rival luke come on!" She said the last part with a more joking tone trying to lighten the conversation, "and yes it didn't make it any better that I did have a crush on you before the whole ordeal started."

I sat there in silence after she finished speaking waiting for her to continue and say... 'and it doesn't help now that I realize I'm falling for you all over again.' after Kennedy had accidentally confessed that Cam was falling for me (again) I couldn't get it off of my mind. Waiting, almost hoping Cam would say it out loud.

But instead we sat there. I looked at her as she looked straight ahead out of the front window. Her brown eyes unmoving but her long eye lashes blinking every few seconds. Her cheek bones were a golden glow as the setting sun rays came through the front window. I carefully placed a hand on her shoulder and letting in drag down her arm to her hand, my fingers intertwine with hers. Still looking at her face, I could see a small pink pigment cross her cheeks.

"No more fighting, I'll say a thousand apologies, I just want us to be like we were." I stated.

Cam turned to look at me a small smile on her face. She looked down at our hands, then back up at me.

"I'm sorry too. Sorry for the fighting, not telling you before, the soda I dumped on your lap at the first day of school dinner last year, I'm sorry for comparing you to Hannah, and I'm sorry for anything else I might have done." She said her voice smooth and soft as she spoke.

I let out a small smile too. I now understand why it made Cam happy when I apologized to her, it almost felt as though we were starting something new and leaving the past behind us.

I looked deep into her brown eyes, wanting to lean over to her, but with all of my self control I stopped myself. Instead I drove out of the McDonald's parking lot. One hand on the steering wheel and the other still holding Cams hand.

*hehe yeah, I like this chapter. Finally some real friendship closure other than just and agreement, ya know. Anyways see you next chapter fishes, just keep swimming!"

Word count: 1139