Hunt You For Sport

*Luke's P.O.V*

I sat in my chair on deck looking from my phone to Cam in the water. It had only been a few days of us weightlifting together but, you could already see it paying off when she swam.

I smiled lightly as I remembered the last few days of us training together. The spit fire comments, her blushing, me blushing... I knew I was embarrassing her or making her blush the moment I did it, but truth was I couldn't stop. I liked the way her dimples showed when she smiled or how she hid her face when she blushed.

I looked at her now jumping up and down in the water spinning in circles... what the hell is she doing? I though with a smile.

"You know like that kitchen utensil that does this motion." Cam said.

Zoey snorted and Leah smiled and shook her head.

"Like a mixer?" Kennedy asked.

"No, no, no... not that. I forgot what its called, its for meet."

"A meet beater?" Leah deadpanned.

"I don't think that's a real kitchen utensil." Zoey said breaking out into a loud laugh.

"No it is!" Leah tried to rationalize.

The girls began to rebuttal at Leah telling her it wasn't but coach stopped them short.

"Lane 1 Lady's! If you don't mind I have some announcements." The girls stopped their conversation and turned toward coach.

Cam made short eye contact with me, giving me enough time to smile and shake my head at her well mouthing,

"You're a dork."

She smiled and shook her head before turning her attention towards coach.

"Alright taper! We reach the end of taper next week, so that means you need to get ready for shave down! Buy plenty of razors, shaving cream, and bring a bowl! Also, spaghetti dinner is coming up so make sure your moms or dads is ready to help! If you don't have it yet get Cams number! She will be contacting you all about upcoming schedule changes, practices, and of course the conference meet! Thats all, good job today ladies!" Coach finished his speech and I stood up out of my chair.

Making my way over to Cam I nelt down on the deck to meet her eye level, as she was still in the water.

"Dinner?" I asked, kind of blatantly

I realized my mistakes of saying it so blatantly when all of the girls in lane one stopped getting out of the pool to look at me, even some girls in lane two turned there attention at me.

"What?" Cam asked with a small smile and a laugh, clearly feeling pressured and confused.

I smirk slightly realizing it sounded like I was asking her out on a date.

"Sorry, I meant. Do you want to stay here and work in the water, then maybe go get food? Like Wendy's or McDonald's or something." I said, my more clear explanation deterred the attention of every surrounding girl but Kennedy.

"Sure." Cam said shrugging pulling her cap back on.

"Great I'll go put on my suit. It won't be anything special, no long yardage or anything like that." I said sanding up.

Kennedy who was still half in and half out of the pool, stopped me clearly confused. As she was eyeing both of us with suspicion.

"You two are training together?" She asked with a raised eye brow, more directed at Cam.

Cam just shrugged like it was no big deal causing Kennedy to look at me for an explanation.

"Look I offered to help her after the meet when she lost. So we agreed, no more fighting... ever, and that I would help train her butterfly to go the few seconds faster for the record at conference." I said trying to shrug it off like Cam, but kennedy looked at me with an open mouthed smile.

"After the meet you say?" Oh shit, "so you're who Cam was spending the night with."

I looked at Cam, who was taking a drink when Kennedy finished her statement causing her to choke on her water. I then looked at Kennedy who had an eye brow raised and looked ready to right hook me right there on the deck.

I was actually nervous. That face was no different from the one Cam used to give me, but something about it on Kennedys face was unsettling.

I shrugged and went out into the hallway toward the lockeroom, Kennedy following behind me going to her lockeroom.

"Hey Spyri." she shouted once out of ear shot from Cam.

"Yes." I said turning around to face her, my hand still on the men's lockeroom door handle.

"You hurt her, like you did last time, and I will not hesitate kill you." She said opening the woman's locker door.

"Hurt her?" I asked clearly confused. I know I was a bitch to her before, but I don't remember ever truly hurting her.

"Yeah, let her catch feeling like she is now. Then go on and date Hannah out of no where. You pull shit like that again Luke, and I will hunt you for sport." With that she entered the woman's locker room the door slamming behind her.

I stood there in the hallway stunned. One by Kennedy words about me hurting Cam. And two, her words about Cam catching feeling for me.

*hello! I start my first day of lifegaurding today! So wish me luck! Hope you liked this chapter! See you next chapter fishes, just keep swimming!

Word count: 923