Chapter Seven

The music at my house was too loud for my liking but I couldn't complain because even though this was my house, for the first time ever I felt a stranger inside it with Karan at my side and my brother giving deadly glares in between.

Ananya was waiting desperately for someone to shut down the music so that she could go on with cutting her cake and soon enough the room went silent except for few chattering here and there.

"I want everyone to please gather around the centre of the living room, she's going to cut the cake," my brother announced to his friends and everyone just in return hooted but then gathered to the centre.

I made no effort to go out there and watch her cut the cake rather I stood with Karan by a wall. None of us has said a word since we left my room but whenever I looked at him, a frown was set on his face and I desperately wanted to get it away.

"Karan?" I broke the silence, I couldn't bear it anymore.

"Hm?" he looked at me waiting desperately for me to say something but even I didn't know what to say, I just wanted him to speak something.

"You okay?" I asked, not caring to hide my concern.

"Um, yeah. Is there somewhere else we can go?" If my brother was to find out I left without bothering to inform him he would freak out but I could feel that Karan was uncomfortable in the place so for him, I nodded.

For the first time, I chose the back door of my house to exit. There were not many places to go in the area except my loving park, where I went to cheer myself or that was the place Nishant and I hung out most of the time.

We took a seat at bench and the silence once again surrounded us.

I've been trying to keep my thoughts away but they just came back creeping in my mind. Karan was a nice guy, he was good looking and nothing about him seemed wrong. He cared about me and he was very loyal to his friends, he had amazing nature and to describe him in a word was to say he was perfect. Even though, no one is perfect but to me, this guy sitting besides me lost deep in thought seemed perfect for me.

"Tanvi?" Karan spoke, cutting my trail of thoughts.

I didn't reply rather I just kept my hand on his and simply nodded looking into his brown eyes.

I didn't want him to say anything else or change his mind so I spoke up.

"My answer is yes," Now that I'd agree to myself that I felt something for Karan, and that it was more than being friends there was no going back.

For the first time ever a boy made me feel butterflies when I saw him and indeed he was special. When he liked me and I liked him back, why was I going to deny his proposal? I had no reason to.

A smile creeped up on Karan's face and it was a genuine smile, one I get to see rarely but he looked so adorable.

"I didn't get what you want to say," Karan was full on smirking right now and a yes wasn't just enough for him that he wanted me to say it out loud. I loved this playful and teasing side of his.

"Yes, Karan Malhotra I will be your girlfriend," now that the words left out my mouth, it felt more real to me. It felt so good to be saying it out aloud. I interwined our fingers while Karan looked at me adoringly, his smile never leaving his face.

Someone tapped on my shoulder and thinking it would be my brother I set my hand free from Karan's. However, I sighed in relief when I saw Nishant standing there.

It's been a long since I last saw Nishant and watching him gave me such a happiness that getting up instantly I gave him a long tight hug.

He chuckled at my reacting, returning the hug back.