Chapter Twenty Five

The constant buzzing of my phone underneath me woke me up from my slumber. I cursed under my breath as I squinted my eyes to look at the name but after a second I gave in, subconsciously swiping across the screen to answer.

"Hello." I said in my sleepy state.

"What the fuck? You're still sleeping, we were supposed to meet at two, and it's like already fifteen minutes past that." I heard a panicky voice on the other end of the phone.

A yawn escaped my lips before I spoke, "Who's on the line?"

I heard a sharp intake of breath on the other side, "Are you fucking kidding? Rayhan Roy on the line Tanvi Kapoor, get your fat ass out of that bed. I'm waiting for you." He barked in the phone and my eyes literally popped out of my head.

"Pft.. can't we just cancel it?" I asked, another yawn escaping my lips. It's not mistake I was up all night reading.

"Do you want me to drag your ass out of your bed? Fuck! Tanvi, you're literally testing my patience right now." He spoke through gritted teeth and I rolled my eyes before hanging up.

I looked at the digital clock hung on the wall of my room and indeed it showed 2:15 PM. I rushed out of my bed, taking the first cloth material that my hands could grab and went for a quick shower.

Ten minutes later I stepped back in my room with a loose tshirt on, my hair were in a bun above my head and I quickly loosened them and they fell down in natural waves at the end. I combed through them once and then left them like that.

A blue ripped jeans finally caught my eye as I searched for a bit presentable clothing. On the back of my closet was a shopping bag, the one that had the top I bought last week from the mall. I grabbed the top and pulled it down my head.

It looked as good as it did that day, clinging to the curves of my breast. My subconscious mind teased me about the fact that I was wearing the top because Rayhan complimented me that day, but honestly I wore it to please myself. Looking good for Rayhan was like least of my concerns, that guy needed a lot to learn from the one-year-old-me.

I quickly did my eye make up and then stepped into my the minimum inch heels I could find, I had no idea where we were headed to so I couldn't risk wearing anything that could be a problem later.

When I was done dressing up, I looked at my reflection in the mirror and with a satsfied smile on my face I grabbed my cell and stuffed money in my pocket, too lazy to carry a clutch.

My phone buzzed again and it was a message, I quickly took a look at it while making my way to the living room but I ended up colliding with somebody.

"Ow." I rubbed my head as I looked upto my best friend who had an amused smile on his face.

"Someone's in hurry?" He arched an eyebrow and I nodded, "Where to?" He asked.

"I am going out with Rayhan." I informed him, continuously tapping my foot on the ground. He was going to fucking kill me.

Nishant frowned at my answer before speaking, "Rayhan as in Zara's friend?" He questioned.

I nervously nodded, well aware of where this conversation was headed.

"Why are you going out with him? Is it like a date?" He scowled at me and I rolled my eyes in return.

What's up with him assuming me going on dates all the time?

"Date?" I scoffed, "Just to remind you my over protective best friend, I am one year elder to him and he's more like younger version of Vaibhav to me." I told him honestly, "I am just hanging out with him because he practically forced me into it."