Chapter Thirty Six

My thoughts were jumbled as I did my eye make up, trying to get control over them and failing miserably each time. There was this constant scowl on my face even when I changed into a black sleeveless top. It clung to my body and had a deep back with bow in the middle, covering up a bit of my skin.

I wore black skinny jeans with it and stepped into my wedges. Even though I was wearing total black today, I looked slightly good since black was my color and I wasn't in the mood to change into a dress. I wanted to wear jeans, so that's what I went for.

Samarth had texted me the venue and was expecting me to be there by six, and it was already five thirty. I had to hurry up because I didn't want my friends to wait for me.

"We need to talk." Vaibhav blocked my way as soon as I stepped in the living room.

I almost yelped at his sudden presence as I took in his features. It looked like he was in some serious mood and mentally, I weighed my chances as to whether I would be able to make it on time or would've to just cancel the whole plan.

"What do you want to talk about?" I tried to give him a boring look which made him narrow his eyes at me.

He sighed as he ran a hand through his hair, "What has been going on between Rayhan and you?" He questioned and my eyes went wide at the mention of Rayhan's name.

"Wh- what do you mean?" I stuttered a little.

He gave me a look before continuing, "Just so you know when you both were fighting, I was in my room. I could hear him clearly, well, thanks to the yelling and all." He rolled his dramatically and I shot him a glare.

"You were eavesdropping, weren't you?" I wanted to smack that expression off his face.

"Maybe." He shrugged as he tapped my nose playfully, "But, that's not the point. I kind of came to a conclusion that you're giving that guy a hard time?" He raised an eyebrow suspiciously, wanting to confirm his doubts.

"No one's giving anyone a hard time. I just have trust issues, that's all." I whined like a baby, trying to feel a bit better about myself.

"Okay! Tell me this, why cannot you trust him enough to confess your feelings to him?" He crossed his arms across his chest, with a smug look on his face as if he was determined to prove a point.

"He already knows I like him." I huffed.

"And is that all? You like him because he's good looking and that's all?" He tilted his face a little to left as he eyed me and I sighed.

"Yes Bhai (bro), that's all. Now can I please go, I have to be somewhere." I tried to pass him but he gripped me from my shoulders.

He towered over me as he looked straight into my brown eyes that resembled his, "I thought my sister was naive, but guess what? She's just plain out stupid. God, Tanvi, last time you liked a guy everyone warned you against him and his playboy moves yet you went and dated him only to end up with a fucking broken heart. And this time, when everyone is telling you to let go of whatever is holding you back, you're being fucking stubborn and not letting happiness get to you. What in the world is wrong with you Tannu? Go get yourself checked because you do not seem in your senses or normal to me at all." He snapped, his each word stinging more than before and I knew he was exasperated with me, he never used abusive words in front of me and now that he was doing it, I knew I was messing up a big time.

"Are you done?" I asked him, trying to keep my cool front balanced.

"You know what? I would tell everyone to just stop bothering with you at all, you can go and be selfish." He spat before giving me one murderous glare and going back to his room.