Chapter Thirteen

"Tanvi, are you coming or not?" Shanaya shouted from outside which made me snap out of my thoughts.

Why would Vaibhav ask me to be ware of Varnika?

Shanaya shouted my name again so I pushed all the thoughts at the back of my mind and went out, shutting the door behind me. I wasn't going to overthink things today, whatever Vaibhav meant by that could be concluded tomorrow, I am not going to waste my birthday thinking about any stupid thing - be it nonsense things Vaibhav say or be it about Karan.

"Whoa, is that you Tanvi?" I heard someone call out as I was approaching Shanaya and Varnika in the parking area.

I turned back to find Nishant standing in front of his house, he took a good look at me from tip to toe with wide eyes but when he just kept staring like that for good two minutes I spoke up, "Done checking me out?"

"You look really beautiful." It was almost as if he was talking to himself, his voice was so low.

"Thanks Nish." I grinned at him as he blushed in return, he was the only boy who could look cute while blushing like a girl.

"Your welcome." He replied at the same time my phone beeped in my clutch.

*Busy?* It was a text from Karan and my smile instantly dropped, hell yes I was busy on my birthday. After turning the phone on silent I dropped it back in the purse.

"He hasn't wished yet?" It was more of a statement for me when Nishant asked that so I just shook my head and gave him a small smile.

"What the hell is taking you so long?" Shanaya cursed as she approached me.

"Hello Shanaya." Nishant winked at her and in a moment Shanaya arms were around him, I smiled at the sight of my two crazy best friends hugging.

"It's been so long Nishant, you're turning hotter you know that." I laughed so hard as Nishant's already red face flushed deeper at Shanaya's compliment.

"Err.. thanks." He managed to say anyway.

"You were supposed to compliment me back." She scowled at him, crossing her arms in front of her.

"Do girls like you need to be reminded how hot you are by the compliments we boys throw at you?" Nishant smirked as he swung his one arm around 'trying-to-act-mad' Shanaya's shoulder. Her face instantly lit up at his words and Nishant and I laughed at how much of a drama queen she was.

"Guys, are you going to spend your whole evening here?"

"Hello there." Nishant gave a smile to Varnika as both of them shook hands, they were only acquaintances.

"We should better leave now." Varnika said as we all agreed and after giving quick hug to Nishant we left.

The drive to 'god-knows-where' was spent with me whining about telling me where we were going and both of them asking me to shut my mouth. So after fifteen minutes of protesting I finally slumped back in my seat while Shanaya and Varnika went on and on about how great the evening was going to be.

After half an hour of total drive finally the car came to a halt and I looked out of the window to see if I knew where we were, much to my bad luck I had never been to this place - at least to the specific area.

"Where are we?" I asked the two of them, still looking out of the window.

"You'll see." Shanaya smirked as both of them got out of the car and I followed. When we crossed a lane I instantly knew where we were.

I was not familiar with the area because it was only two to three times I've been here that too for totally different business. I didn't even know where we were headed when both of them came to a halt in front of gate that had large letters imprinted in it stating it clearly what it was.