Chapter Twenty Three

A bewildered look was stretched across my face as I tried to put Rayhan's words into my knowledge of understanding. I looked at his face to see if there were any signs of him messing around with me, but there weren't any; he seemed serious.

"Well, are you mad?" He questioned.

It took me a second to respond, "To be honest, I am not."

I wasn't actually that taken aback, there was something about Rayhan.. or Tanit, whoever this guy was, that always seemed familiar to me.

"Are you sure you're not mad at me?"

"Do I have to write it on a paper and sign it?" I raised an eyebrow, annoyed.
He sighed and shook his head, which made few strands of his hair fell on his forehead, "You can question whatever you want to know."

I thought about it for a minute from where to start but the biggest question needed to be asked first, "What's your real name?"

"Rayhan Roy, I didn't lie the second time."

If I had to be honest, I would've preferred his name Rayhan than Tanit, maybe because it suited his personality or maybe because I just simply liked his name.

"Why did you lie to me first time?"

"Because, I didn't see any point in revealing my true name to a person I was meeting only one time." He shrugged and I gave him a look.

"Seriously? You're a guy Rayhan, you don't have to hide your name from a girl."

"Yeah, but at that time it made no sense to me to tell you my real name." He argued.

Something snapped in my mind just in that moment and I turned completely towards him, "Wait a second, how many years have Varnika and you known each other?"

"Since I was five and she was seven." He gave me a questioning look as if asking where I was headed to.

"So how the hell did she act like she doesn't know you that day in lounge?"

Rayhan shifted uncomfortably in his seat and responded while not meeting my eyes, "Maybe because I texted her to act like it?"

"I can't believe she didn't tell me, I mean she did inform me that she somehow knew who you were but she didn't tell me exactly who you are. And today, after I found out you're her neighbour I asked her again if you were the same guy and she refused it, leading to another topic." I rambled while Rayhan looked at me with an amused look on his face, "Why the hell are you smiling? You think it's funny?"

"Tanvi, you need to chill out. She did all that just to keep my secret safe, alright? If you were at her place you would've done the same for your childhood friend, right?"

I thought about it for a second, if Nishant would've been in Rayhan's place I might have done something like that. "Fine." I sighed.

"What fine?"

"It's fine that you lied to me."

He gave me a cheeky smile which I couldn't help but return. Rayhan's eyes twinkled as he smiled, and he looked like a cute child with one dimple digging in his cheeks.

"You should head to bed, it's too late." He said.

"Or probably too early in the morning?" I gave him a sarcastic smile and he rolled his eyes.

"You're weird."

"Thanks."

"I didn't mean it in a compliment way."

"But I took it in that way."

He gave me a confused look, "You're seriously weird, and your welcome."