Chapter Two

I was already exhausted because of the last two hour practice of march past and now my head ached because of the thoughts running in my mind and lack of sleep; while the guy standing in front of me was waiting desperately for an answer.

Well, telling my name wasn't a big deal and for some reason unknown to me, I felt like I could trust him. What could he do with my name, after all?

"Tanvi," I spoke.

His lips slowly turned into a smile, "Full name, please?" He asked.

"Tanvi Kapoor," I said.

He just smiled and gave a small nod to me before pulling out his hand, offering me to shake. He was strange but his smile was oddly comforting, considering it was adorable.

"Well, I'm Viren Sharma," he said at the same time we shook hands and I gave him a small smile.

"What is it with stalking everywhere, first at canteen and now here?" I asked out of curiosity.

He chuckled which made me frown, "Tanvi, I wasn't stalking you. I was just curious to know your name because I haven't seen you before here. Are you new to the school?" He asked casually.

He had to be kidding me, right? Was I that invisible to everyone? I've been in this school since kindergarten and then people ask me such questions, it sure as hell hurts my ego.

"No, I'm not new here. Maybe, I should be asking you the same question. which batch do you belong to anyway?" I questioned him.

"Same as yours," he winked.

Before I could question him anything further, Shanaya appeared on my side, "Tanvi, we're gonna be late for the class," she said, but then her eyes wondered to Viren and she excused herself.

"So I'll see you around?" Viren spoke, making it sound like a question, as if he wasn't sure I would be interested to talk to him in future or not.

"Yeah sure," I said with a smile and left. I was no one to judge him from the short conversation we had, and I was not a rudeass bitch who liked to ignore people without having a real reason and most of all, I liked making new friends.

"So, who was that guy?" Shanaya asked as we were walking back to the classroom.

"I don't know," I stated honestly.

"What do you mean you don't know?" She asked, confusion clear in her voice.

"I just met him," I answered which in return got suspicious looks from Shanaya.

During all the conversation Varnika was quiet, but she listened to everything and had some curious expression on her face.

"What did he want?" Shanaya questioned again. At times she sounded so much like my mother who just kept asking one question after another.

"God, he just wanted to know my name Shanaya. Chill out, nothing serious!" I replied.

As much as I knew, this girl would be having so many assumptions in her mind right now but I wanted her to clear them out.

"Seriously, Viren wanted to know your name? I mean, why did he ask that?" Varnika started popping up her questions out of nowhere.

"Do you know him?" I asked out of curiosity rather than answering her questions.

"Yes, we used to be in the same class earlier. He's a nice guy," she said while smiling dreamily to which I nodded.

The rest of the classes went slowly and I was relieved when the bell rang after the last period, which meant school was over. I collected my things and quickly made my way out of the classroom. I was rushing towards the main school exit when I accidentally bumped into someone.