Chapter Twenty Four

In life I had found myself in many embarrassing circumstances but none of them compared to this kind of awkwardness that I felt. I was dumbstruck as I stared at my best friend and his supposedly girlfriend.

When none of us spoke for a while, Zara started, "It's so nice to finally meet you, this guy here rambles a lot about you." She pointed towards Nishant who blushed and glared at his girlfriend.

"Er.. nice to meet you too?" It came out more like a question while my eyes drifted between the two of them.

She chuckled as if I just didn't catch two of them making out a few minutes ago, "I am sorry you found out this way, he wanted you to meet me personally but last time he planned it out I couldn't come."

"Last time?" I questioned Nishant in confusion.

He rubbed his neck as he looked sheepishly at me, "The movie yesterday."

"Oh."

It explained why Nishant had two tickets in his hands, he wanted me to meet Zara - which also explained his weird behaviour from the last few days.

When none of them spoke I decided to take it upon myself to ease the awkwardness, "I'll go and wait for you guys outside." With a forced smile plastered on my face I left.

I quickly made my way out of the store and just waited for Nishant to come. We were on the second floor of the mall so I took upon myself to roam around while trying to clear out my thoughts.

My best friend finally found someone.

My mind told me that I should be happy about it, but my heart felt a bit disappointed. It wasn't because I had feelings for Nishant, yes I loved him but I was just a bit taken aback when I found them making out. I always thought Nishant would tell me first whenever he starts dating someone, but expectations quite hurt.

Nishant and I had grew closer in the last year that went by, I always found him by my side whenever I needed someone so the part where he hid about Zara from me left me disappointed. But then, didn't I do something similar to him in the past?

I stopped walking when I realized it was better to just go back and wait for them outside the store, so that's what I did.

When I was few feets away from the store I saw a couple coming out, and immediately recognised them as Nishant and Zara. They were holding hands as they walked out of the store, with shopping bags in Zara's hand. He leant down and said something in her ear which made her smile broadly as colour rised to her cheeks.

In that moment, seeing my best friend like that, happy with his girlfriend, I realized something. Happiness isn't limited to ourselves, the more we spread it, the more we feel it. And love, it cannot be felt only by loving someone else, but also by seeing someone else in love. When I saw Nishant and Zara, I couldn't resist the broad smile that took over my features.

"That could be us, only if you give up resisting my hotness."

Cocky as ever. You guessed it right, it was Rayhan effing Roy.

Before I could reply to him or even glance back, Nishant called out my name so I sighed and rushed to him.

He took ahold of my arm and took me to the other side, opposite of where Zara was standing, "Are you mad?" He asked, his eyes filled with emotions I couldn't decipher.

"No, why would I be mad?"

"I don't know, I am really sorry I didn't tell you before. I wanted it to be a surprise, but it came out more like a - "

"Shock." I completed his sentence but nodded in understanding.

"So, you can lash out on me if you want."