Chapter Twelve

Everyone, even those who say they hate birthdays have a little hope in the small part of their heart that the day would turn out to be different. Everyone have a little expectations from their beloved ones to make their day special but when it came to me, I didn't have a little bit of expectations infact I had shit loads of it from everyone, especially from Karan.

          Birthdays are supposed to be full of surprises and so was mine, I started getting surprised from the moment it stuck twelve in the clock, clamining I was finally seventeen.

          I was done with all the assignments that I got from school and was changing for the bed. Just as I slipped down my too big t-shirt over my head the door of room swung open.

      "What the -"

     "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to my best friend, happy birthday to you." I was cut off from all the singing Nishant did.

     "What are you doing here?" I looked at him, wide eyed.

     "Your welcome." He grinned at me as he entered the room.

     "You know I was changing when you opened my door, without knocking." I emphasised the last words.

     "If I knew I was going to be treated like this after surprising you, I would've never done that." He faked a pout and I smiled at his adorable expression.

     "Thank you Nish." I grinned as I remembered, like always he'd never let anyone wish me before he did even if it were my parents.

     "Pleasure's all mine." He winked at me as I gave him a tight hug which caught him off guard because he stumbled a little.

     "Ready to cut the cake?" He asked as I looked at him with confused expressions.

     "Now?" He nodded at that.

     "I cannot wait anymore to eat my favourite cake." He was practically licking his lips as if already savouring the taste of it, though he hadn't even touch it yet.

          I giggled at that, it was my birthday but the cake that I used to cut used to be of Nishant's choice to which I couldn't complain, it was him who bought it anyway.

     "You know it's very cruel of you that you get your favourite cake on my birthday." I tried to hold back a smile as I said that.

     "Whatever, I never claimed to be a good friend. I'm your best friend and remember that a best friend can never be a good friend." He smirked as he said that, as if proud of himself. I giggled at that but was cut off from my phone ringing.

         I ran towards my bed where it was, expecting it to be Karan but couldn't complain since it was Shanaya.

     "Happy Birthdayy Babyyy." She shrieked in the speaker phone as soon as I answered.

     "Thank you girlfriend." I giggled.

      "I lovee youu. You're finally seventeen." She sounded as if it was her birthday, but then best friends feel the same be it their own birthday or the other one's.

      "I love you too darl-"

          My phone was snatched away from me and was now pressed to Nishant's ear.

     "Hey babe." He said in the speaker as I looked at him strangely, "Now bye babe because Giggy needs to cut her cake, too bad you ain't her neighbour."

          I could hear Shanaya protesting on the other side of the phone so I snatched it back from him, "Sorry about him, he has lost it today."