Chapter Thirty Eight

"No, no, no!" I murmured to myself as I parted away from Rayhan and completely backed off.

I saw as his eyebrows furrowed together, creating lines of confusion on his forehead as he tried to get ahold of me but I swatted his hands away.

Without informing my friends about my departure, I made my way out of the club and hoped Rayhan wouldn't follow me out. When I turned to look back, I sighed in relief since he was nowhere in sight.

As I started to make my way towards the car, I tried to resist the tears that were ready ooze out due to the overwhelming emotions I was feeling.

"I love you so fucking much, Tanvi Kapoor. You drive me crazy and though you belong to a mental asylum sometimes, I can't help but fall in love with you each time you do or say something. I love you, and I don't think I can ever stop loving you."

He loved me.

Rayhan Roy, the guy who knew how to annoy the shit out of me in seconds, the person who knew how to make me feel special, the same guy who knew how to turn me into an emotional mess with his sweet kisses, and most of all, the guy I was falling in love with, he loved me.

I would give my whole life to hear him say those words again but I was such a coward that I decided to run away rather than confront my own feelings, and his. Because I was afraid of where this will lead us, of how much these feelings will come back at my face and hurt me hundred times more in future than they caused the happiness.

"Fuck." I cursed as I stepped on a pointy stone and that's when I realized, I was barefooted.

"Should've taken your footwear with you." I heard him speak behind me and I closed my eyes momentarily as I took a deep breath.

"Rayhan, I -"

He didn't let me complete as he took one of my arms and wrapped it around his shoulder and snaked his own around my waist to give me support as I couldn't keep my left foot against the ground since it fucking stung badly.

"Let's get you to your car, huh?" He gave me a small smile and I nodded, feeling guilty.

I informed him where my car was and he led the way towards it. All I did was, look at his face and observed how calm he looked.

Get your shit together, Tanvi. You're hurting him.

When we reached my car, he took the car keys from my clutch and unlocking it, he made me sit in the back seat as he himself got in there after taking out a mini first aid box my dad forced me to keep from dashboard.

"You've got really sensitive skin." He remarked as he looked down at my feet.

"That bad, huh?"

"Nope, I'll just clean it up and put on the bandage. You'll survive." He tried to joke and I gave out a nervous laugh.

After doing whatever was supposed to be done, he put on a bandage on the bottom of my feet and I tried to have a look at it.

"How much damage can a stone do?" I frowned and he chuckled.

"It wasn't stone, probably a piece of shattered glass. There's no way a piece of stone can make you bleed." He said and I nodded.

"Rayhan, I'm sorry." I looked down at my hands as I kept playing with them.

He reached for my fidgeting fingers as he took ahold of them, interlacing his with mine and I felt the same comfort I did each time I felt his touch.

"You don't have to be, I shouldn't have let it slip in the flow of moment." He spoke, still not meeting my eyes.

Why was he feeling guilty? Fuck you, Tanvi Kapoor. Man up, please and just tell the guy how you feel.