𝓲'𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾 : 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

Author's Pov

As the two walk beside each other inside the mall, the atmosphere remained awkward and silent. Aya would try to divert her attention by looking around, while Namjoon is deep in thoughts on how he could make this day better for the two of them. He wants to make this day special, a day she won't forget. But as a man who doesn't know the basics of courting and dating, since he grew up focusing on his studies, Namjoon is quite uncertain on what to do. So, he looked around and tries to find a couple. It didn't take him long to spot two teenagers that he assumes as a couple, holding hands while they walk and chat. He noticed that the girl is happy with it, so maybe Aya will be happy if he will do that. Right?

And Namjoon gave it a shot! He glances at her and her hand before doing his motive. At first, he tried to swing his hand closer to hers while being casual, as if he's unaware. He glanced for the second time and when she wasn't reacting, he proceeded to get a little closer until his fingers are brushing against hers. But little did he know that Aya is getting the idea of what he is trying to do, yet she just let him be. And in a matter of minutes, Namjoon finally had the courage to hold her hand. His hand perfectly engulfed hers, as if they're carved to hold each other. But his action made Aya to face him.

"Why are we holding hands?" She innocently asked, but deep down knowledgeable on why.

That question made Namjoon panic internally as he looks around to find an answer. And from afar, he saw a plackard which gave him an idea.

"Huh?— Oh, uh.... Cuz you might get lost. Yes, lost. Like that." He reasoned out after seeing the Lost and Found booth.

"Lost? Me?" She repeated, slightly offended at some point.

"Yeah– I mean, you're small-ish than me, so, yeah." He shrugged, trying to be reasonable.

"As the person who shops our groceries ever since, I don't think I'm the type of person to get lost in the mall." She replied in dismay and pulled her hand off his grip.

Namjoon felt disappointed, because he didn't succeed again with his attempts. He hates himself for being so awkward, where in it's obvious that he just wants to be sweet to her. On the flip side, Aya felt dismayed with his responses. She just want him to be honest. Yet, she also scolds herself for acting that way. She just can't help but to be curious on why he is acting so strangely today, that he even decided to come with her.

In less than a few minutes, they finally reached the supermarket and since it's early in the morning, only few are inside. A smile flashed on Aya's face, for grocery shopping is one of her favorite hobby. Meanwhile, Namjoon is just following her while also thinking of other ways to pursue her. He looked around and like before, he is trying to find another couple. And while he is busy for his couple-hunting, Aya went to where the push carts are without his notice. She's getting curious on why Namjoon kept on looking around as if he is trying to find something. On the other hand, Namjoon successfully found a couple, which made him smile in victory. He noticed that the guy is the one pushing the cart, so he immediately went to Aya who just finished pulling out a cart for herself.

"Can I push the cart?" He asked with a hint of excitement in his voice, which made her question what is exciting on pushing a steel with wheels.

"Uh, okay." She shrugged and let him hold the handle.

She now started to walk to the very first aisle as she pulls out the list of things she must buy. First off are the bathroom necessities: toilet papers, toothpaste, new pair of toothbrush, and such. Aya is quietly checking her list as she gets the items one by one and puts them in the cart. Meanwhile, Namjoon is just silently following her and watching her as she does the shop. It felt quite fulfilling for Namjoon, since he never had done this with anyone. He would occasionally try to catch her attention, but she's too focused to even notice him. So it came to Namjoon's mind to find a way to somehow make this shopping exciting.