𝓲'𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾 : 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻

Author's POV

After shopping for their groceries and for Aya's gifts to her friend, they finally decided to go home and rest. Aya is currently at the kitchen, preparing the ingredients on making a peach-mango pie for her pregnant friend, whom she will visit later before dinner. Her friend loves mangoes and she told Aya that she is craving for a mango pie, so Aya promised her that she will bring her a mango pie. Meanwhile, Namjoon is just at the living room, thinking if he should go to the kitchen and watch her or if he should just stay put. Their shopping awhile ago wasn't as bad as it is, but Namjoon felt a bit sad that she didn't looked as happy as he thought she will be.

"She seems a little lonely today, should I do something to make her happy? But how?" He mumbled to himself as he scratch his head, glancing at the open space between the living room and the kitchen.

Namjoon then rest his elbow on the arm of the sofa and placed his chin on his knuckles, as he quietly watch Aya's back while she does her tasks. Seeing her that way made Namjoon to think, that hugging her from the back as she cooks must be so comfortable and nice. It made him smile softly as he daydream on doing that, giving him the urge to just go there and hug her. But unfortunately, he doesn't have the courage to do so, because he still feels ashamed on how he treated her for the two years of their marriage. On the other hand, Aya felt through her senses that someone is staring at her, so after washing her hands, she moved to the side, where the kitchen tissues are, and casually wiped her hands. Glancing with her peripheral view, Aya saw Namjoon gazing at her as if he is in another dimension. Wanting to make sure, she went on the kitchen island that faces the open space between the living room and kitchen, then looked directly at Namjoon. Namjoon noticed her looking at him, so he immediately looked away and pretended to fix his posture while sitting on the sofa. Seeing him startled with what she did, it caused for Aya to smile faintly as she shook her head. Deciding to test his behavior, Aya called Namjoon's attention.

"Love?" She called in a loud way, but enough for him to hear, making Namjoon look back at her with his expecting eyes.

"Yes?" He asked, secretly fidgeting his fingers as he waits for her answer.

"I'm running out of time on making this pie. Won't you mind lending me a hand?" She queried, and it made Namjoon to scream internally from joy yet he kept a straight face. "I mean, if only you're okay—"

"Yes!" He immediately exclaimed, stopping Aya, but he realized that he sounded so obvious, so he coughed. "I-I was saying, yeah. Like, why not? I don't have things to do, so it's okay." He stated as he nods, trying to sound a little uninterested on her request.

"Alright," Aya shrugged before turning around.

Namjoon then checked if she is still looking before celebrating silently, then going to the kitchen with a smile on his face. When he reached the kitchen, he saw Aya walking towards him with an extra apron in her hands.

"You will need this, so that your clothes won't get dirty." She uttered as she hands the apron to him, while Namjoon hummed as he took it from her.

He inspected it first and tried to guess on how to wear it. Aya is just watching him and she finds it cute that he is struggling with just an apron. Later on, she took the apron from Namjoon and asked him to lower his head so that she could hand the strap around his neck. After that, Aya then took the straps and made it into a ribbon. Namjoon is just watching her and noticed how close their proximity is. It felt hard for him to stop the urge to just kiss her right now.

"There, it's okay now." She informed and smiled at him before turning around to check what help Namjoon could give.

Knowing his clumsy nature, she thought of letting him do the pastry dough. So, she took the mixing bowl, the wet and dry ingredients, and the wire whisk. She placed them on the kitchen island, before facing Namjoon.