Chapter 13

" Was that your boss?"
" Yes it was, but there's nothing to worry about. I promise"
" okay."

When I get home my parents start to ask a million and one questions.
Where were you last night?
Were you at the barn?
Did you stay at the hospital one more night? On and on and on.
"STOP!! Mom Dad I'm fine, I was with Patrick last night he took care of me and offered to take care of me until I get better. "
" But sweetie we are your parents we should be taking care of you" says my mother
" Yes I know but Patrick is a great guy and he offered do I'm going to go with him"
I walk up stairs to my room.
I hear a knock on the door. Come in. I say loud enough who ever it is can hear me.
" Hey baby I was thinking that we could go to my place and than go out tonight"
I drop my bag and cloths and run over to Patrick and great him with a hug and kiss.
" okay that's fine with me." I replay back.
" Oh but first I have something for you, Hurry up and get your stuff ready. I'll be down straits"

Packing my bags I find a picture of me and my best friend Anna from like 5th grade. Saying out loud " Wow it's been that long... I can't believe it."
Grabbing my phone I dial Annas number.
* Ring * Ring.
' hello?
Anna! It's so good to hear your voice!!
Emily! How are you! I heard about what happened, are you okay?
Yeah I'm fine. The doctor said I can't be around the horses for 4-5 months!
Is he serious?
Yeah he's real serious and Patrick is not letting me go down to feed.
Woah wait, you and Patrick are still together? It's been like 5 years since you two have been together.
Yeah, he's a keeper. Haha so how are you and Dylan?
Good, Good.
That's good!
Yeah, so I was planning on coming down and visiting next week.
Yes that would be great! I'm staying at Patrick's place so I'll be there if anything I'll let you know if not.
Okay sounds good see Ya than. Bye love ya
Oaky bye love Ya too.
* Click.
The Conversation ends.

Jumping down the stairs Patrick looks up and gives me this look. Like are you supposed to be doing that. So I get the hit and stop and walk the rest of the way down the stairs.

Saying goodbye to my parents was not as hard as I thought it was. So they let me go.
Before walking out the door Patrick says "wait ! Put this on" handing me a blindfold
What's this for?
The surprise is out side and you can't see it yet.
Oh okay.
~
I feel this hot wet breath on the face. You can take it off now.
Taking it off and opening my eyes to see my horse! Was the best feeling in the world! I scream and hug Patrick.
Looking at Ozzie for the first time since the accident was a dream come true. I hugged and kissed him so many times. I looked into his eyes and could see that he was not the same horse. He was in fear and the guilt in his eyes told me that he thought is was his fault.

~
Patrick take him back to the barn please.
But Emily,
I don't want to see him I'm sorry.

On the way to Patrick's house he asked
Why did you ask me to take him to the barn?
Patrick I know you couldn't see it but I could.
Couldn't see what?
Ozzie thought the accident was his fault. He is putting him self in pain that he should not be. When I looked into his eyes and saw the fear and guilt in his eyes i was going to cry. I can't bear to see him like that. It's not his fault he should not be doing that to him self. Why did you do that!!!
Emily I did it because I thought it was going to make you feel better.
Well Patrick it did at first but than I wish you didn't.
Well I'm sorry.
No don't be it's fine it really is. Sorry.
~
~
~
A few days after away from my house I had a doctors appointment.
" Emily, I have really good news and bad news."
' Break it to me.
' Well, unfortunately you will never be able to ride again. I am very sorry. The good news is that you are healing very quickly.
' Why can't I ride?
' Well because of your injures it has taken a toll on your back. As in your younger ages you had troubles with your back and so now for your back can't support it when you are riding.
' But doc.
' Missy ain't no buts about this. No riding anymore. I am very sorry.