Chapter 11

When she comes back she has all of these tubes and machines hooked up to her it makes me want to cry. I know I can't because I have to be strong.

We have been at the hospital for 3 days and she is still unconscious. The doctors say she may not make it, she may not live to see the light again.
I just know there wrong, she will wake up I just know she will.

~1 week later~
Early one morning,
" Patrick "
*gasp " Emily, your awake!"
" Yeah i think I am, I'm not sure what happened or how I got her. But I love you."
" I love you too."

~A few hours later~
* knock *knock
" Emily, glad to see your awake." The nurse says delightfully
" Yeah so am I."
" Well I'll let the Doctor know."
" Okay thanks."

" Emily. Do you want to hear the good news or bad news first?"
" Eh just break it to me."
" Okay well the bad news is that you have to stay here for a few more days and when we relies you, you can not be anywhere around horses for 4-5 months. The good news is that we can take some of your tubes and machines off of you."
" oh okay, well could i at least know what my injuries are?"
" Oh yes you can. You have a serious concussion, fractured rides, broken arm, and hairline fracture in your pelvis."
" oh okay, thanks doc."

The days went by... People coming and going. But that one special guy stayed with me throw the whole thing.

" Patrick you don't have to stay with me. You know that right?"
" Emily, I know but you don't understand... I wants the one who saw anything of it happen. I feel terrible not being there to warm you. So baby I have to stay."
" If you say so. But thank you for everything you have done for me. I know I can be a pain but I guess I'm worth it."
" Oh your worth it. I love you Emily now get some rest, big day tomorrow."
"Okay. I love you too. "

My big day came! I get to go home!!
The doctors make me sing all these papers and they finally let me go.
I'm free I thought to my self walking to the lobby.

Getting out side was more than I expected. Everyone was there. The whole Show Committee, Patrick's family, my family, friends and of corse the news people.

Them stupid news people asked so many questions. Half of them i didn't even know how to answer.

Getting to the truck, I hop in and Patrick drives home.
I lay my head on his shoulder " Babe will you take me to the barn..."

A/N~ cliffhanger hope you like the book.