Chapter 22

Emily's POV

That day with oz was great. I can't believe we got so much accomplished! I figure after breakfast I'd go back to my parents and work with oz again so we have a routine. I don't really want him to freak out as much anymore. I think if I see him daily it would mean the world to him and I, also just to keep him humane.

The day run okay no major complaints. He did kick at the stall door when I walked in and out of the barn though out the day, that could be just be anxiety of what could happen to him. Mid day I took him to the arena and he let me lead him out witch surprised me. By this time Patrick came to my parents house realizing that my truck was gone from home.
"Emily, I thought you weren't supposed to be driving"
" Patrick baby, I'm not supposed to do a lot of things that I'm doing"
" Yes, Em I know but you now all the risks. Honestly I can't handle you going thought all the pain again of something like that happened to you again."
" Yes, Pat I know. I'm being as careful as I possibly be at this time."
" I know Emily. Anywhoo I'm going to go talk to your Ma and Pa for a few. Love you be safe"
" Okay, love you too have fun bye"

                I'm guessing Patrick and my parents have a lot to talk about. It's been about 2 and half house since he's come out of the house. By this time it was feeding time. I fed everyone then turned them out to the fields. Except for him, oz and I still had a lot to catch up on. I want to throw a saddle on him and see how he acts. So I proceed to do so my Mother comes barging thought the barn doors yelling and screaming at me scaring oz. I guess she gazed out the kitchen window and saw he putting a saddle on him. 
  " Emily Taylor, what in gods name do you think you are doing?!"
" Mom, I'm just trying I'm out to the saddle again. I'm not riding."
" You better not Emily. "
" Mom, I'm not. Now please leave me be I have to get back to wear I was before you came in scaring my horse"

                         I surely did get a saddle on him. Engrossing I realized that was about enough for this evening. I put Ozzie into the arena so he doesn't do anything to harm himself or any other horse.   

              This late at night I didn't want to drive home and either did Patrick after having a few to drink with my Father this evening. So we stayed at my parents house. We both slept in my bed in my old room. I began to realize how much I missed my parents once I walked into the house. The house smelled like Apple Pie, my favorite. Dinner was all set out on the table as if there was a special occasion going on they I sure in hell didn't know about. No doubt in my mind that Patrick didn't know about this and just didn't tell me.

             At the dinner table my Mom brought up about me coming home, Patrick and my Father agreed with her. I told her simply I would think about it. For the rest of dinner the table was quiet.

            That night while Patrick and I lay in bed side by side I ask him
" Was this all your idea"
" No Emily, your mom called me this morning because she saw that I wasn't with you and wanted to see we were okay and to see if her and I could talk"
" So you were on in it?"
" Em, not really. I'm not going to argue your your Ma or Pa, they have a point. You should come home if you are going to be working with Ozzie every day."
" Pat, I don't want to leave you"
" Emily love, that's why I'd come home with you. If that's okay"
" Yes, that's fine. I'll come home. We can talk to my parents tomorrow at breakfast"
" Okay, good night beautiful, I love you" -as he leans down and kisses my forehead.
" Good night Babe, I love you too"

A/N: Holy gosh... It's been forever I've updated😂. I've been super busy with showing😩. Anywhoo hope you like the book so far! So sorry to keep everyone waiting for an update so late. Hope y'all have a great rest of your summer! Love you all❤️