Chapter 4

Keith was making breakfast, his two young maids, Bluebell and Primrose were seated at the table. Bluebell and Primrose both had long, black hair, Bluebell had blue eyes and Primrose had red. Both of them were like daughters to Keith, they were both Japanese. 

The smell of bacon and eggs wafted through the house, the Paladins were soon at the table. "Goodmorning everyone, hope you like bacon and eggs. Fresh from the farm!" Keith served everyone at the table, he smiled before sitting down with them.

---1 Hour Later---

Keith was checking the Polar Bear exhibit one last time before he put Maya inside, he needed to make sure that she would be safe, comfortable, and happy. "So, this is where you're going to put her?" Keith turned around to see Lance, dressed in his Paladin armor. "Like it? I made it myself. When I moved in, the area was destroyed. The villages and my home were the only places that weren't damaged in some way. This exhibit was the least damaged, so it didn't take long to fix it up." Keith explained this to Lance with a kind and proud look on his face. "How much of this area do you own?" Keith looked to Lance before replying to his question, "All of it, I own this entire world. I don't plan on taming all of it though." Lance was surprised when Keith said this. "How much did it cost?" Keith smiled and got closer to him, "I think that's enough questions for today cutie, I have work to do." Keith gave Lance a quick kiss on the cheek and left.

---2 Hours Later---

Keith and the Paladins had successfully got Maya into the Polar Bear exhibit, she was awake and seemed to like her new surroundings. "Thank goodness it all went well." Keith sighed in relief as he said this. He had been worried that Maya wouldn't take to her new home.

---The Next Day---

Keith woke up at 6:00 am and got ready for the day. Once ready, he immediately got to work. After all his daily chores were done, he started to work on a new exhibit. Keith had decided upon the Kiwi exhibit, he went to the laboratory and found an animal information file on Kiwis. The laboratory had a special library with books on animals, these books contained everything on that particular animal. This is how Keith found out what to put in the Polar Bear exhibit.

Keith was making breakfast in the kitchen, he was reading the Kiwi book while doing so. He wanted to get the exhibit done as soon as possible so that he could go on another journey. Keith loved his journey into The Arctic and looked forward to other journeys as well.

When the Paladins sat down at the table with Bluebell and Primrose, they were given breakfast. "Hope you enjoy pancakes! And if you have any information on where to find a Kiwi, then please let me know." Keith was still reading the book as he said this. Suddenly, a crash was heard. "That will be in the lab...you'll have to excuse me, enjoy breakfast." Keith went down to see what was going on and to fix it. 

  The problem in the lab had been fixed, one of the chickens had managed to get up onto one of the jars containing a mildly dangerous chemical and knocked it over. Keith managed to clean it up and move all of the other jars into a chest where the chickens couldn't get it.

Keith was checking on Maya in the clinic underneath the laboratory, Pidge was helping him out. "The cubs look healthy." Keith smiled as he looked at the picture from the ultrasound. "Alright, time to check the injuries and change the bandages. Pidge, get the bandages." Pidge found the bandages in the cupboard next to the sink, she put them on the tray next to Keith while he unwrapped the old bandage. "Thank you Pidge." Keith picked up the clean bandage and wrapped it around the injury on Mayas' paw, he then proceeded to bandage the other injury on her leg. "There we go! All done." Keith strokes Mayas' fur, gently. Pidge put the equipment away and threw the dirty bandages into the bin. Keith helped Maya up and took her back to her exhibit. He then proceeded to hunt down Pidge and thank her, "Thank you for your help today, I really appreciate it." Keith gave Pidge a cookie as a reward, he found out that she loved cookies the other night when he caught her sneaking into the kitchen looking for the cookie jar. "Happy to help! It gives me a chance to work on biology too." Pidge smiled and happily accepted the cookie.

---3 Hours Later---

The glass fencing of the Kiwi exhibit was done, the exhibit was underground and had special lighting to make it seem like daytime at night and nighttime during the day. Keith was currently resting in the staff lounge, he was looking at the fish in the aquarium. It was a large aquarium and continued for 2 floors, the staff lounge being the first one. Keith was sitting on the couch.

Keith was soon joined by Pidge, who had a smirk on her face. "Hello Pidge, what's up?" Keith looked awful, his hair was a mess and he had dirt on his face. But he still managed to look cute in some way, "So you haven't heard yet?" Keith got a bit worried when he heard this. "Heard what?" Pidge grinned and got closer to Keiths' face, "Lance has a crush on you." Keith went bright red and nearly fainted. He had expected anything but that to come out of Pidges' mouth.

How would he handle this?