Chapter 12

'Ring! Ring!'  Keith picked up his phone to see who was calling him...at 2 am. 

"Hello...?... Yes, I run the Singarian Wildlife Rescue Center. Why?... Of course! How does Tuesday sound?... Alright! See you then!" Keith hung up and put his phone down, and then let out a loud squeal. 

"What's going on!? Are we being attacked?!" Lance woke with a jump at hearing Keith squeal. "We've got an interview!" Lance was shocked, when did he advertise that?! Lance was too tired to question Keith at the moment. "Go back to sleep then...You're going to need plenty of energy and it's 2 in the morning..." Lance later regretted saying that as Keith immediately got up and got ready to work. 

--30 Minutes Later--

Keith was working on the zookeeper stations, starting with one for the Polar Bear exhibit. He was nearly finished already. 

The rescue had been a fully functional zoo in the past but was abandoned after a plague and war. The exhibits of the old zoo were still there, destroyed, but repairing them was possible. The zookeeper stations were also there, everything was still there. Some things were more damaged than others. Keith knew this when he moved in, and he knew that he could turn the old zoo into a sanctuary for the creatures that taught him so much. 

Once Keith had completed what he was calling 'Ice Outpost', he went to work on one near the Skunk and Fox exhibits and the Wellnut center. While he was there, he did a routine check on Acorn and Lulu to see how well they were recovering. 

After building a zookeeper station near every completed exhibit, Keith went to get the necessary items for each. Medical equipment, food (for the animals and the keeper), tranquilizer guns and ammo, notepads and pens, walkie-talkies, and a few other things. Each station had to have at least one of each. Keith had to buy most of them. 

Keith was very tired when he got back home. He still had some paperwork to do, and he hadn't done his main chores yet. So he went to quickly feed, play with, and care for each and every animal in the rescue. He hadn't been on the farm in a while either, so he had to do that too.

Once all his chores were done, Keith went to the store in Luxray City to get some supplies (Again). After he did that, he decided to relax a little at the Shining Salon. 

--2 Hours Later--

Keith had just gotten back from the Salon. The first thing he saw when he entered the yard was...

Chickens.

The chicken pen next to the window and first front door had been broken, the chickens had all escaped. There were 15 chickens in that pen, now they were all over the yard and in the house. Keith's right eyebrow twitched in frustration, more work. A busy day, a busy day indeed.

Keith figured that Lance was with his teammates, fighting the war between them and the Galra. So he probably wouldn't see Lance for at least a day. 

Keith fixed the chicken pen and somehow managed to find and catch all the chickens. But he still had work to do, Keith had to start working on paths. No one would be able to find their way anywhere without proper paths. "This is gonna be a tough one..." Keith sighed and got on the phone to talk to some people in Luxray City.  

Keith had hired a team of workers to build paths. They started working as soon as they knew where to build them. But Keith's work wasn't done there, he still needed to take the dogs on a walk, and he needed to make sure everything was functional. If something wasn't working properly then Keith would need to fix it as soon as possible. 

And so, Keith went to work yet again. 

--The Next Day--

Keith had just gotten a call from an animal rescue in Africa. 

An Elephant calf named 'Ellie' had just arrived at the rescue, but they weren't able to take care of her. Ellie's mother had been killed by hunters who wanted her tusks. Ellie escaped and found her way to the rescue, where she mistook a rhino for another elephant. 

The rescue was full and didn't have the skills to take care of an elephant. So they needed Keith to come and help them. 

Luckily, Keith was capable of caring for Ellie. He quickly prepared the Central West African quarantine area, before getting the van, hooking the 'African bull elephant' sized trailer to the van, and taking off for central west Africa.

It was a while before he got to the rescue. Keith entered the information center and asked to be taken to where Ellie was being kept.

She was the size of a horse. Keith figured that she would be able to stay in the farmyard if needed. The quarantine areas were smaller than animals needed, mainly because the quarantine areas were only to hold animals temporarily. 

Keith played with Ellie a bit before getting her into the trailer and taking her to her new home. 

Ellie had no problem getting used to the area she was put in. Keith was relieved, to say the least. He knew that baby elephants can be very playful, so he made sure there were enough toys in the area with her to satisfy her boredom. 

Keith stayed with her for a little longer, then he went to get some sleep. The interview was tomorrow, he needed to rest and get ready for the interview.

By the time Keith got to his bedroom, it was night. Keith looked at the moon and sighed, "The moon will reveal her darkest secrets, then the sun will stand by her, with a love stronger than life itself..." He spoke of the prophecy that had been created by River Singaria before she died. 

He couldn't help but wonder what it meant.