Chapter 6

Keith was watching as Suzy explored her new surroundings. She had been moved into the Kiwi exhibit early because her leg got better a bit faster than expected. 

Keith had gotten a squirrel clinic built with the help of the Paladins. The clinic was small but cozy and lovely. Lance and Pidge came up with the clinics' name, 'The Wellnut Centre'. Keith didn't like the pun but didn't have the guts to say 'no'. The Wellnut Centre had 10 small exhibits for squirrels. It was made to look like a giant acorn and there was a small storage building with supplies not far from the Wellnut Centre. Each of the rooms for the squirrels had a check-list for the name and requirements of that particular squirrel next to the door. The rooms were made of glass and inside each of them were climbing equipment, food and water, leaves, grass and dirt for the squirrels so they would be comfy and happy until their recovery. Once a squirrel has recovered they will either be released or adopted out as a pet or a wild squirrel you could keep around your yard. This would be decided based on the wildness of the squirrel.

 Keith watched Suzy for a little longer before heading off and got to work with his daily chores. 

Keith went to check on Maya and saw that she wasn't in the outside area of her exhibit, he went to look in the cave. When Keith saw her laying down and panting, Keith knew that her cubs were coming. Keith contacted Pidge and told her what was happening before getting Maya into the clinic.

---2 Hours Later---

Maya had a boy and a girl. Keith and Pidge were very tired and dirty. "I'm not sure if I should throw up or pass out first." Pidge looked at Keith as she said this. "The process is gross, but the results are incredible." Keith smiled and continued cleaning up. Maya and her cubs (named 'Snowy' and 'Kai'), were going to stay in the Polar Quarantine for a few weeks before going into the Polar Bear exhibit.

Keith and Pidge had just gotten all cleaned up when Hunk came in with an injured squirrel in his hands. "Oh dear...this is one busy day isn't it?" Keith sighed and took the squirrel to the clinic he was in no more than 20 minutes ago. 

The squirrel was a male grey squirrel, the injury was on its' right leg. "What is it with animals and injuries on legs? Jeez." Keith was just about ready to hibernate like a Grizzly Bear. He named the squirrel 'Acorn' and treated his leg before bandaging it. Keith made sure he was comfy in the bandage and then got him into the Wellnut Centre. "Room 1: Acorn, requires love and care and a fresh bandage each week. Looks like you're a lucky squirrel, that injury could have been a lot worse. You'll be good to go in about 1 or 2 weeks." Keith smiled, finished up at the Wellnut Centre and went to bed.

---The Next Day---

Keith was on the farm, on an island. He was riding his grey stallion 'Satellite', Satellite was a young horse and he was quite stubborn. Keith hadn't been on the farm for quite a while. 

Lance was hanging out with Keith, his family had a farm so he wanted to help out Keith as much as possible. 

After half an hour, Keith let Satellite roam in the paddock and got to work with collecting the chicken eggs, milking the cows and sheering the sheep. He did this with Lances' help which he was grateful for. He was still very tired from the other day.

Keith and Lance had gotten back from the farm and were working on the Skunk exhibit. Keith had found a book on the North America Skunk (One of the two skunk species I know exist). "This might be a tricky one...Skunks spray a very stinky liquid to attack when it feels threatened, some species live in deserts and some live in forests. They eat eggs, small rodents and bugs, depending on the species. They're nocturnal too." Keith was happy with the information he got and continued to build the exhibit.

---4 Days Later---

"Thank you for your help Lance. It would've taken me weeks to finish the Skunk exhibit on my own." Keith smiled and looked at Lance. They had just finished the Skunk exhibit. Keith gave Lance a kiss on the cheek before heading off to feed the dogs.

After feeding the dogs and finishing his chores, Keith went to check on Acorn, Suzy, Maya, Snowy and Kai and make sure they were all doing ok. Once Keith went to check on Suzy, he saw something. An egg. Suzy had laid an egg. Keith didn't dare disturb Suzy or the egg, he wondered when she laid it.

All the animals were doing alright and Keith was exhausted once again. He went into Luxray City. This city was the only one in the world and had dozens of luxuries. They had salons, restaurants, hotels and so much more. The city was quite big, but nature-friendly and tried to make sure they weren't doing to much harm to the area around them. Keith was in the city to go to the spa and to get a massage at the 'Shining Salon'. The Shining Salon had all sorts of luxuries, it was the number one relaxation spot.

And so, Keith entered the Shining Salon and got ready to finally get some rest and relaxation.