Chapter 5

Keith had just finished the Kiwi exhibit. It had been 2 weeks since Pidge told him about Lances' crush. The Paladins of Voltron visited regularly. Keith hadn't really thought about Lance's crush on him, he just forgot about it. Keith liked playing hard-to-get, he wanted to see just how far Lance would go to get him to become his girlfriend.

Keith was currently checking the Kiwi exhibit one last time before he went on his journey to find said Kiwi. "Alright, everything is present and accounted for! I wonder...Kiwis are found on planet Earth, just like Polar Bears. The country they are from on Earth is called 'New Zealand'. A place that often is mistaken for being part of the country 'Australia'. These books have more information in them than I thought...I can't wait to see this place!" Keith hurried back to his home and packed his medkit, he also got a bit of food for himself and put some crickets in a bag for the Kiwi. The book Keith read on Kiwis said that they eat bugs, so he wanted to have some bugs with him in case the Kiwi he finds gets hungry before they arrive.

The IGF ATLAS was waiting for Keith on planet Ularula. They wanted to help Keith anytime he needed it, so they were helping him get to Planet Earth. Once Keith was onboard the ATLAS, they took off. Keith put his things away in the closet in one of the empty bedrooms and then went to greet the Paladins.

Keith met the Paladins in the lounge. "Hello, strangers!" Keith smiled and sat down on the couch across from Allura, Hunk, and Pidge, he was sitting between Lance and Shiro. "Hey, Keith! How are you doing?" Pidge had clearly been fixing one of the MFE jets, the weapon jets made to help the ATLAS and Voltron in fights. Pidge had grease from the MFEs' on her face. "Pretty good, I have a new pet with me today." Keith smiled and suddenly a green iguana poked its head out from behind Keith's hair. "Meet Izzy. My iguana." 

(Here is a picture of a green iguana for those of you who don't know

(Here is a picture of a green iguana for those of you who don't know. Google is my best friend when it comes to pictures O^O)

Keith picked up Izzy and put her on his lap, iguanas were quite large reptiles (6.6 feet in length, 11-20 pounds in weight, and 30-42 cm in height according to Google.). Pidge and the others were shocked that Keith had managed to get a huge iguana into the ATLAS without anyone noticing it. "She got into my bedroom last week and gave me quite a fright when I woke up, of course, anyone would be frightened if they woke up to find a massive green iguana on their bed." Izzy's tail hung over Keith's lap, the rest of her body was almost too big to fit onto Keith's lap at all. "After a while, I just accepted the fact that she had become my new pet and made a new 'branch' in the house, a room built just for Izzy." Keith was smiling and Izzy was just chillin' on Keith's lap. "She's pretty big..." Shiro couldn't stop staring. 

---2 Hours Later---

The ATLAS had made it to New Zealand and Keith was ready to go on his journey, with Izzy. "I'll see you all in a couple of days." Keith smiled at the Paladins and checked that he had everything before heading off. It was nighttime, Kiwis were nocturnal animals and they were flightless. So Keith had to sleep in the day and head out at night in order to find a Kiwi. 

---At Night---

Keith had fallen asleep in his sleeping bag. He was currently too tired to search at night. Suddenly, he felt something crawl into his sleeping bag with him. It didn't feel scaly so it wasn't Izzy, so that meant...

Keith jolted up, looking to see what had gotten into his sleeping bag and..."A Kiwi?!" Keith was shocked to see an injured Kiwi inside his sleeping bag. Keith picked it up gently and checked the injury to see how bad it was. The injury was on its' left leg, it was a nasty cut. Keith could see the bone of its leg. "You're gonna need some medical attention...looks like a cat or dog attack did this to you. Poor thing...it's ok. I'll take care of you." Keith was surprised to find a Kiwi so soon, but he couldn't turn away the opportunity. 

"Keith to Shiro, if you don't pick up the communicator right now I swear!" Keith had been trying to contact Shiro for the past 30 minutes and he was starting to get very annoyed. "Keith?" Keith growled at Shiro before answering, "Yes it's Keith you ning-nong! I've been trying to contact you for half an hour! What have you been doing?!" Keith was quietly yelling as to not spook the Kiwi. "Um...sorry Keith, I was sleeping..." Keith growled again, "I'm on my way back, a Kiwi got in my sleeping bag. It's injured." Keith got out the med kit as he said this. "Already?!" Shiro sounded shocked. Keith didn't blame him, he only started his journey a few hours ago after all. 

---2 Hours Later---

Keith had bandaged the Kiwis' leg and was headed back to the rescue with the Paladins of Voltron. Keith was keeping his eye on the Kiwi to make sure it was doing ok. After a while, Keith decided to name the Kiwi 'Suzy'. The Kiwi was female and quite young. "Keith, bedtime." Shiro was tired and wanted to go to sleep, unlike Keith. "Just a little longer..." Keith wanted to stay and keep Suzy company, he knew she would be scared and confused after being moved from her home. "Keeeith! Stop making this so difficult!" Keith ignored Shiro and set up his sleeping bag next to Suzy. "Alright then, I'll sleep here." Shiro was defeated, he didn't have the strength to argue with Keith anymore. So he let Keith sleep with Suzy.

---The Next Day---

Keith and the others had made it to the rescue. Keith treated Suzy's injury in the clinic before putting her into the forest Quarantine. "Looks like she'll be ready to go into the exhibit in 4 days." Keith made sure Suzy was alright before going to bed.

Keith was happy. He had made new friends and his home was growing.