chapter sixteen - neetxis retpahc

DO YOU SEE THE BLACK AND BLUE DRESS OR THE WHITE AND GOLD DRESS IN THE IMAGE POSTED?

#TeamBlackBlue

Bruh, I see black and blue. But I stared at it for five minutes and it changed colour. What.

Anyways,

DOES THIS STORY LACK GORE?

^^I need to know because I realized the first chapter only has gore and I was wondering if anyone misses it.

Thanks :)

Warning: I'm not gonna lie. I was not okay while writing this chapter. Not. Okay.

+++

Whoever said angels were nice people must've have been shitting yogurts and pissing fire trucks.

Let me go backwards for a moment-to before we entered heaven.

The crinkle of rocks under our shoes didn't soften the queasy waves riding my insides. I carefully stopped by the edge, cautioned of the fact there weren't safety railings.

"Is this your strategic method to finally kill Isaac?" My voice failed to sound humorous, seeming this matter was anything but funny. Sweat glistened across my palms and I wiped them again down my pants.

Isaac made an audible gulp, his Adam apple bobbing. "We're not actually going to jump are we?"

The wind dying down, Grim answered, "Well"-he adjusted his vest-"We're not just going to jump. We're going to jump, hit the ground, and then die."

My backbone went a little stiffer. "Say what now?" I exclaimed.

Between being fearless or absolutely stupid, Grim stepped forward, bending down to the alive city below.

"I think I hear my dead dad calling me," Isaac started and began heading away, but Grim yanked at his shirt, pulling him back. He huffed and whined, "Why can't we just fall into a something like when we went to Hell?"

Grim suddenly chucked a hand up towards the blue skies, a sudden anger building. "Let me give you a heads up about angels-they're pretentious fucking assholes. They think they're top shit because humans-the basic bitches-see them as gods and goddesses who live for justice and crap."

I gulped down the trembling waves of panic that rocked my abdomen. "And?! There better be an 'and'!" I gritted though my teeth.

"And." He circled the crowding New Yorkers below, all minding their own business. "The only reason we could easily access Hell was because we were all part demon. But none of us are part angel-therefore we not actually allowed in heaven."

"So we have to kill ourselves first," Isaac bluntly stated.

"Sacrifice," Grim clarified.

"Like that makes it better," I said.

Millions of people were the size of ants as they swarmed the streets below. It looked like they were crowding around for feeding time.

I always thought Empire State looked beautiful from afar. But now that I was at the top, it suddenly made me hate the Big Apple, and heights, and that spring roll in my stomach Grim forced me to eat. Someone down there might be getting their Panda Express in advance.

I sensed an immediate upwelling of terror seize Isaac's system and he leaped a step back, grabbing onto my sleeve for support. "Is he serious about jumping?"

"Yes," Grim confirmed with a heavy sight. When he grasped my hand, the warmth did a terrible job calming my nerves.

"Jump?" I croaked. I suppressed the urge to dart to the elevator. I clutched my sleeves, hiding my hands. The last thing I jumped off was the staircase in the sixth grade and it was only the second step from the bottom. That resulted in a bruise to my left cheek, a bleeding nose, a swollen eye and nine scratches across my legs. The memories of my human form were slowly leaking into my mind-it was chilling, like a cold lick up the spine. Seeing another side of you that was so...human was strange.