Hatred

3rd Person POV

"S-Sir....yo-your beverage?" A meek goat demon walked in, trembling as she took note of the new presence in her boss's room. From across his desk, her boss waved at her dismissively, counting away at the money in his hand.

"Put it on the table there, dearest. I'll be sure to reward you later for your ongoing efforts to please me." Happy with the praise, she scurried away, sending a challenging smirk at the other porn stars in the premises. Some seemed jealous, while others gagged and shriveled up in disgust.

"Valentino, I see you're still as slutty as ever."

"You misunderstand me." The man chuckled. "I just get them to fuck each other. I don't partake in the actions myself. I thought you would know me better than that, Vox." From across the desk, the television faced man scoffed.

"You're more fucked up then I remember." Valentino shrugged absentmindedly, as he took a smoke from his cigar. He thumbed a one hundred in his pile of cash, grinning at the number.

"Anyways, Valentino. I came here to discuss some...interesting details...." The man in question seemed to ignore Vox, turning to him with a victorious grin.

"Vox! This cash can afford at least a month of high class dining! How about I take you out t'night? My treat~" The moth demon shook a thick pile of green in the other overlord's face.

"Valentino! Shut the hell up about your shit and listen to what the fuck I'm saying!!" Vox slammed his clawed hands on the wooden table, sending a tremor across miles of land. The demon brought a hand to his flat face, sighing.

"Gee, Vox." Valentino tucked the money into his pockets, leaning back in his chair. "Just tryin' to light up the mood."

The man groaned and dismissed Val's lame and lazy attitude, instead bringing  out a fax, causing Valentino to raise an eyebrow.

"Seems veeeeery important.." Valentino eyed the paper with boredom.

"I don't need your damn sarcasm. Val, just read the damn thing." The television faced demon slammed the paper on Val's face, earning a chorus of mumbled curses.

"Charlotte Magne....huh. How the fuck did you get a fax from Lucifer to that Disney princess wannabe?" Valentino blew out a puff of smoke from his cigar, looking at Vox with a skeptical look.

"I have my ways, damn it. Read it!!" Valentino rolled his eyes then went to work, reading the letter with false enthusiasm. After he finished, he tossed the boring, meaningless words behind him.

"I don't see anythin' interesting, Boo." Vox growled, extending an arm to reach the paper, crumpling it under his hard grasp.

"Don't fucking call me that. You read the  fax, dumbass. There's a demon down here who can possibly be fucking rehabilitated, and if my assumptions are correct, she's under the protection of Lucifer himself. And that isn't all, smartass..." Vox leaned closer to Valentino with an unreadable expression. "The radio demon is workin' with them, now." Valentino rolled his eyes, still acting aloof. "A guy that dies from hounds ain't a threat, Voxie."

"Valentino, Alastor and that wretched demon made a deal. We're the fucking targets. And if we wanna take 'em BOTH down, Lucifer is gonna get involved. We gotta play our cards carefully, or we're gonna get erased." Valentino groaned. "Now, I don't wanna share this mullah with you. You're such an uptight ass, it's honestly exhausting." Vox growled and cursed under his breath, springing up and slamming the door as he left Valentino behind.

Normal POV

You left Alastor's office, breathing in a heavy sigh. Eventually, the thoughts plaguing your mind were too much, and you had to get some peace of mind. Besides, this deal wasn't a very bad one, if you really thought about it. Of course, you made some minor adjustments to his end, just asking for him to give you some advice in hell and promising to never kill you. All in all, you weren't too worried...

...Which would be a lie. He asked you to get rid of two demon Overlords, when all you know how to do is shoot a gun and maybe throw a knife. Besides, you still couldn't muster the courage to land a single finger on a weapon due to your immense amount of guilt. Clearly, agreeing to such an impossible deal was an EXTREMELY stupid move, but you needed the comfort of knowing that Alastor wouldn't destroy you for denying him his deal. Not only that, but Angel Dust was being exploited by one of these men, so your emotions may have played a big part in this as well.

By then, it was already late in Hell. From one of the windows in the Hotel, you could see more demons filling the street now than earlier that day, so it was probably safe to assume that drug dealing as well as other sketchy shit was happening. There was also a disgusting stench arising from one of the many alleyways nearby, slowly overcoming the senses in your nostrils and eventually the rest of the hallway. Since the window had some small openings, it was nearly impossible to prevent this, so you made a mental note to remind Charlie about this later.

Entering your room, you were greeted with the wonderful scent from a candle placed inside. After a few days in the hotel, and some moments with each person to get accustomed to them, you found yourself asking Charlie if you could have your favorite scent in the room (Aromatherapy). You breathed in as the intoxicating smell swallowed you in it's warm embrace. All your worries, complaints, and insecurities seemed to wash away.

That is, until a small, barely noticeable rumble began. It was short, and if you weren't paying attention, you wouldn't notice. However, because of your apparent heightened senses, you could feel the vibrations.

There was a slight ringing in your ears, which also became extremely sensitive. You let out a groan as you kneeled to the ground in pain. The lights flickered and dimmed, until they completely went out. The odd part was that there was no noise or light from the windows in your room or the balcony. They seemed to disappear. You couldn't see them.

"How pathetic. How truly pathetic.." A voice spoke out in the darkness. Their voice was almost like Alastor's. There was a crackle, as if the connection was poor. "I cannot believe the Radio Demon would choose you of all candidates.."

"W-Who are you...?" You yelped out. Normally, this wouldn't have been too terrifying, but there was an unknown person in your room, and you couldn't see where they were.

"No, who are you?" The voice hissed back. You bit your lip, almost confused with the question. Who were you? You were a human. You were all sorts of different things, but that was all in the past. Being sent to hell meant a new beginning, but....After murdering three people in one night, the only thing you could introduce yourself as was...a monster.

"Having trouble? Ah, I know. You're a naive, selfish, psychopathic, tool. For someone who heartlessly murdered their parents, you're quite weak. Who do you think you are, walking amongst your 'friends', laughing as if you haven't a care in the world? Acting as though you're just as innocent, when really, you're someone who almost enjoys being used. Hell, Alastor knew that and took advantage of it!" The invisible fiend laughed mockingly, as his voice grew louder and more invasive. It seemed he was everywhere around you. Tears were already spilling out of your eyes as his words slowly consumed you. You shut your eyes and covered yours ears as the ringing came back.

"Babe?"

Your eyes shot open, revealing your dimmed hotel room, and a certain spider demon kneeling before you. He picked you up with his arms and gently set you down on the bed, before joining you and wordlessly wrapping his arms around your shaking form. Immediately, the dams broke and you began to sob uncontrollably. It turns out, you were shouldering in a lot. Angel hummed and began to pat your head and rub your back soothingly.

"Shhhh, there, there. I got you, Y/N." You wrapped your arms around him tightly, holding onto him and burying your face in his chest fluff as you continued to cry. There were no words that needed to be exchanged. Angel Dust knew this feeling, as if the pressure of your own mistakes seemed to push onwards, suffocating you underneath. He couldn't count how many times Cherri was there to help him through his breakdowns and panic attacks, so it was only fair for someone to be there for you.

However, Angel Dust just came back from work extremely tired, and you exhausted yourself by crying. And so, they found themselves laying down on the comfortable bed, your crying now reduced to little sniffles. He got into a good position, where he was spooning you. You leaned the back of your head into his fluff and let out a shaky sigh.

"Before we sleep, why were ya crying?" Angel used one of his arms to gently rub one of yours for comfort. Another shaky sigh. 

"I-I just....I think my thoughts just took over. The guilt about killing my parents. The idea that I try so hard to befriend you guys, when I'm just a sick murderer. I feel like I'm deceiving you...but at the same time..." A cry started to come up, so you try your best to swallow it down. Angel took the hint and hugged you tighter. "It's alright, babe. If we didn't want to hang out with ya, we would've left by now. I wouldn't do this for just anybody, y'know. Besides, lots of us killed people. You killed some pretty bad scum, so you shouldn't be too worried. Your pops and that bitch are lucky they weren't fucking erased already." You sighed and turned, so you now face Angel, and gave him a hug. "Thank you..." 

You both yawned, then found yourselves sinking into a warm, peaceful slumber....

A/N: Since I'm not too informed of the cast we haven't actually been introduced to yet, I just went with what I imagined the characters to be like. In this case, I imagined Valentino as a more smug and uncaring guy, and Vox as more sinister and calculating (I debated on whether he would be a bit similar to Alastor or Fizzarolli in terms of acting more "friendly" or animated, but I decided against it.) Hopefully, you like the way I portrayed the characters in this book, because I'm still quite new to writing a full story. Anyways, I hope the wait wasn't too horrible. There are so many other books that you can read, and if I take too much time, you can always migrate to those.

So many creators need more attention for their work, so do try and read some other works while you wait, I'm sure they'll really love that!

I hope you guys are staying safe during this pandemic. Things in the U.S aren't looking too bright right now, but remember to wear your masks and distance yourself. It's always good to be cautious so neither you or someone else gets harmed. Take some time to ask your friends and family how they're doing, too. It might brighten their day!

Anyway, thank you guys for giving this a read, I genuinely appreciate all your kind words in the comments, and they always make my day. I love you guys! Feel free to DM me if you wanna talk, I'm usually available!

~Angelic