Stress

A/N: Surprise! I really love this story, so I'll keep it as a form of pastime rather than an "I NEED to finish this!" I have another passion project of sorts I'm working on, anyways. So...yeah! Surprise chapter?
And yes, I have taken care of myself (I am drinking my water!) Still need to sort some things out, but I should be OKAY for right now! I'm making myself a strict schedule for my priorities so I can gradually control my life, and this story will count as my hobby rather than something I need to finish. I hope you guys can understand this.

Also, any struggling authors reading this, I HOPE you understand that you aren't obligated to push out chapter after chapter for your readers. It's YOUR book. YOUR effort. You're the person taking time out of your day to make it, and if you're too busy, overwhelmed, or unmotivated, YOU deserve to take breaks from it! Don't forget that!

Anyways, this chapter is more focused on relationships between characters, AND I gave you some comfort time with a fan favorite! (Not Angel. I am doing something special though).

In the very beginning of your adventures in Hell, you had viewed it as some sort of fresh start.

Yeah, there were rapists, murderers, terrorists, and the like down here with you. And maybe it was much more dangerous than you had thought. But you had some experience with guns under your belt, so if you need to, you could always purchase one to stay safe. And you were still in one of the safer places, compared to the abandoned neighborhoods with thieves and sketchy figures lurking in the corner. It was odd, but you TRULY believed this was what you needed. A place where hurting someone trying to hurt you isn't looked down upon.

And unfortunately, your bad fortune had followed you into your next life.

Your parents, who worked for your friend's (crush...) boss, were here with you.
The most powerful demons in Hell were basically coming to get YOU, a normal young adult who had just turned 18 and didn't even graduate school yet.

Why was this happening to you? Why did other demons get to live their lives while you were forced to be the pawn of some stupid demonic radio host? Why were you forced to pretend things were fine when they really weren't? There were so many questions, and yet, no one was there to give you a proper answer.

Stress. It was a powerful burden. Just a little bit could throw you into a limbo of bad choices and sadness.

"-Heeeey...you okay?" A gentle hand nudged you on your shoulder, breaking the entourage of thoughts consuming your head. You blinked once, twice, and another time as your eyes focused on a concerned Charlie.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, I guess I'm just tired." As if on cue, you let out a yawn. "Guess I should've slept in a little more..." You avoided eye contact, focusing on the colorful paper in Charlie's hand, which was decorated with highlights, stickers, and pictures.

Charlie seemed hesitant and quiet for only a few seconds, before speaking. "I know...I may come off as kinda dense...or maybe even naive!" She laughed awkwardly as if she were already regretting what she was trying to say. You look up to meet her gaze. It took her a bit to force her newfound anxiety aside. "But I can tell when someone is, y'know, having a hard time? Like, I'm not a mind reader or anything!"

She mumbled a small "that I know of", and carried on.

"But when I suspect something going on, I can tell. And you look...really stressed." She concluded. You tensed, unsure of whether or not you should spill everything, some things, or nothing at all. She nodded in understanding as she watched your face contort into stress and confusion. Without realizing it, Charlie placed a reassuring hand on your own.

"I truly believe all demons are good at heart. They were all just conflicted with all of these different emotions. When you go to therapists and stuff, you can't just talk about your feelings...you gotta talk through them. Untangle all the knots. If you don't, then the knots become impossible to fix. They become tighter and messier. The only way to fix them then is to snap. That includes you."