A/N: An Update/My Gratitude

(I have separated each point I've made in this 'chapter', for your convenience. The markers to separate each topic are in bold text.)

Part 1: Gratitude

First off, I want to sincerely thank everyone for giving this book a chance. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to read this book, when there are so many other options from so many different authors. I really, truly appreciate it.

It's actually a really encouraging and euphoric feeling to see something you work on gaining traction. Sure, it may not be much compared to the millions of views other stories may have. However knowing that my story has been viewed, what, thirty-six THOUSAND times? That's incredible!

Part 2: Origin of "You're My Favorite Drug"

This story began around 2-3 years ago, back when it had only been a few months since the pilot's release. The ADDICT music video hadn't even been released yet (though it came out around...2 months after this book was first created?) I was just a girl who found something she thoroughly enjoyed, and wanted to write about it. And so, I did, along with a friend of mine who occasionally worked behind the scenes (I mentioned her in the first chapter of this book, but I believe she's no longer active on Wattpad. At least, not on that account).

I didn't expect to get a lot of views. At the time, I was somewhat confident in my writing abilities, but I also knew there were plenty of other writers out there who were far more deserving. Surprisingly, my book had a pretty steady rise, but I think that's just because the fandom was growing rapidly around the time. 

Then, boom, 1K views on my prologue. A few people left some comments. I wrote more, and the numbers kept growing. And this continued, even when I took a while to update. Everyone was so kind and understanding, and I'm so appreciative of that.

I'm so grateful to have had an opportunity to share my writing with so many people, and I'm so happy people seemed to enjoy what I made. 

Part 3: Status Of The Book + Reasoning

At this point, I think some of you are suspecting that I may be ending this book. And yes, that's absolutely correct.

BUT!

I'm not finishing this book because I've lost motivation, or because I'm completely out of time. It's simply because I'm waiting for the official season for Hazbin Hotel to come out.

Let me explain: When I wrote this, I didn't have much to work with. The information I used to characterize Angel Dust was from the minimal scraps I could find on Vivziepop's archived streams, the ADDICT music video, and of course; the pilot. It's extremely difficult to write about a character who only has about 6 minutes of screen-time. Basically, I was writing such a beloved character based only on minimal information and headcannons.

I want to do Angel Dust justice, because I'm sure for a lot of us, he's so much more than just a character. He's someone a lot of us can relate to, and for quite a few, he's a comfort character.

Another reason why I want to restart this book is simply because I've matured. His character revolves around mature topics, and when I started this book, I was only...13?

(Yes, this means I'm still a minor. Should I be interacting with a show like Hazbin? No, I really shouldn't be. And honestly, considering what topics I've delved into in this fanfiction, that probably makes me look like a moron.)

Speaking of that, if I have painted any of those mature scenes poorly, I seriously apologize for that. A lot of what I wrote I actually do have experience with, but there's only so much a 13-year-old can convey, and I do not want to disrespect anybody who's experienced shitty things in their life.

Finally: My Last Thoughts

And I believe that covers it. Again, thank you for all the love and compassion throughout my time here. I will continue to write stories, and I will keep this one up. I probably won't take it down, even when I do eventually write my new Angel Dust x Reader. For now, though, I'll be taking any ideas for other fandoms you guys are into and want me to write for.

You guys can comment your ideas or even send me a private message!

Well, that's everything! See you later, everyone! And thank you!