The Dangers of Hell

In...Out...In...

Your head still ached, however you managed to pull yourself to your knees. The gunshots still continued, and the sound of groans and shuffling never ceased.

Your eyes were also getting used to the darkness, and the light from the guns also helped. To your left, you could make out the silhouette of Angel Dust, who seemed to be dodging pretty well in the dark. In front of you, a couple of feet away, were two large outlines, which you could safely assume were the ambushers.

Quickly, Angel rushed to one of the attackers and kicked the weapon, not caring about where it landed, and jumped onto our ambusher. The gun had, fortunately, landed a foot away from where you sat.

You realized that the attackers were not just random demons. They definitely had some beef with Angel Dust, hence why they were only paying attention to him and not you. With the golden opportunity, you quickly crawled to the gun, picking it up and analyzing it.

It was a SMG, which you happened to have experience using when you were alive. There were still several bullets in the weapon, and it wasn't too hard to hold once you got used to it again.

Turning to where the fight was, you realized Angel was struggling to keep a firm grip on the person he was attacking. It was no surprise when your friend had been thrown back by his opponents sheer force. Your eyes glanced to the weapon, and the fear of using it started to fill your mind.

"No...NO! Y/N, get a hold of yourself! Your friend is in danger! This will be the only time you'll use a weapon. Just GO!"

Without meaning to, you had accidently pulled the trigger, resulting  in a chorus of screams that seemed to bounce towards you, suffocating you. Tears pricked the corners of your eyes as you dropped the gun and dashed to a corner, rocking back on forth.

There was an eerie silence that stretched out. You were now afraid you had killed everyone, including Angel Dust. You buried your head lower, now crying softly in both guilt and sorrow. That's until you heard clapping.

"Wow, babe! For someone who doesn't like to kill, you're pretty fucking good at it. Look at 'em! They have so many holes in 'em...Who's the slut now!?" Angel kicked their bodies, then went to help you off the floor, patting the dust off your clothes.

After Angel had finally managed to bust down the door, he called up a taxi and asked to drive to another bar, which he confirmed wasn't abandoned. However, you were completely despondent, still fucked up over the fact that you killed 2 people. Angel seemed to notice, and rolled his eyes, patting your head reassuringly.

"Still hung up over that murder?"

You winced at his carefree tone, but nodded. Angel sighed.

"Listen, Y/N. You gotta understand that you're in hell, and the demons here won't stop doing what they do because you don't like it. You gotta get used to killing; it's gonna be your only defense in this place," Angel pulled out a cigarette from his tux, lighting it. He offered you one, and wore a disappointed expression when you denied.

The rest of the ride was quiet, with Angel sitting in the seat next to you trying to blow out smoke circles, and you pondering over what your friend had said.

"Yeah, I guess he has a point... Still..."

You opened your mouth to speak, only to feel the taxi halt, making you lurch forward and slam your face on the back of the driver's seat. An audible snicker came from said driver, but you were to busy rubbing your face from the harsh impact.

Angel dragged you out of the taxi, flipping off the demon inside, then lead you inside the actual bar.

Inside, there were several wooden tables and chairs, all arranged so that there was room for the waiters to walk around. On the side of the building, there was where all the alcoholic beverages were kept. And in the front, there was a large stage, with two poles a great distance away from one another. The place wasn't too busy at the moment.

You both went over to the stools, taking a seat and waiting for the bartender to come by. Angel Dust tapped away at the counter, impatient. Finally, the demon walked over and barked at us (literally, it's a dog demon) to give him our orders. Angel asked for liquor, and you F/D, since they had it.

The bar was filled with singing from the performers, the chit chat of the patrons, and the clinking of glass. However, you paid no attention to the noise, as your thoughts focused on the person beside you.

"Hey...Angel Du-Just Angel, " The demon interrupted you.

"Oops. Sorry. U-Um, Angel?"

Angel raised an eyebrow, looking at you.

"Well, are you actually trying to go to heaven? I just...you talk about death and murder so freely it's kind of hard to believe.."

Angel stared blankly at your serious expression, before cackling, only stopping to take a quick swig from his bottle. You rubbed your neck, your face flushed from embarrassment.

 "It's kinda pointless for someone like me to try and redeem myself. I just go there 'cause...I mean.. Free rooms, free food... Who would be stupid enough to turn down something like THAT?" Angel Dust explained, chugging the rest of his beverage and slamming the bottle onto the counter.

 You, yourself, had also finished your drink around that time. Angel insisted on putting the cost of your drink in his tab, though you stubbornly refused. Instead, you asked the bartender to start a tab under your name, though you were already aware that you won't likely ever enter a bar again.

By then, the red skies were already darkening to a dark shade of the blood like color. Angel called a taxi, which was a different company from the ones before, and asked the driver to take you two back to the hotel. As you slid into the car seat, you finally realized how tired the eventful day had made you.

Unlike the cars before, this one had a glass wall separating the passenger seats from the ones up front. Before you dozed off, you allowed yourself to openly admit what you had been thinking pretty much the whole time.

"Hey, Angel?" You had said for probably the 4th time that day.

"Yeah, babe? Woah, you look like shit! Bags under your eyes...messy hai-" And he continued to ramble about how horrible you looked. Though, at the time, you were too tired to care.

"I think you could probably go to heaven. You're a really nice person, in general, " You mumbled, your eyes fluttering shut. 

Angel suddenly stopped, staring at you confused. The porn actor never considered himself a good person, not even once. Everyone around him agreed, either calling him a psycho, slut, or bitch.

Angel Dust sighed. "Babe, what if I was just usin' you?"

"No...*yawn*. You wouldn't do that. You aren't someone who manipulates; you always take action." You smiled slightly, finally managing to fall asleep.

Angel's face softened, feeling you lean onto his body. He adjusted so he could wrap two of his arms around you, pulling you closer to him. He checked with the driver to see how many more minutes it was gonna take to reach the hotel, to which the demon replied with "10 minutes".

Just when he was gonna relax, like you, he felt a vibration in one of his pockets. The spider demon reluctantly  pulled his arms away from you, making sure to not wake you up, before clicking the accept button on his vibrating phone.

Let's just say, the call had put Angel in a VERY foul mood.