two

TWO

"Hello, Indianna."

Indianna looked up in surprise when Greyson sat next to her in their next class, French. She quickly lowered her gaze when he met her eyes and fidgeted nervously in her seat. She didn't say anything.

"Now, this would be where you say hi back, otherwise it would be considered rude, Indianna," Greyson said in a low voice. He smirked and his dark eyes twinkled with amusement when Indianna's eyes widened and forced out a quiet 'hi'.

"I don't think I introduced myself in our last class. I'm Greyson Evans." Greyson spoke with a confidence that Indianna had never had. You could tell that this boy was not used to being questioned or argued back to. He was used to being in charge and he liked it.

"Yes, Brooke told me," Indianna told him. She was certain that she was not going to forget who Greyson Evans was any time soon. Just the thought of him being within touching distance was making her nervous. Her skin was buzzing from their close proximity and he seemed to take over all of her senses. She could feel his body heat, smell his cologne, she was drawn to look at only him, and when he spoke all she could focus on was his deep, velvety voice.

"Brooklyn," he murmured and nodded. He was watching Indianna carefully, studying her. He was very aware that she was avoiding his eyes. "You'd do well to stick with her. Brandon, however, he's a miserable dick."

Indianna's eyes flickered to Greyson's for a split second. "He seems nice."

Greyson rolled his eyes. "Not everyone in this town is who they say they are, Indianna."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Indianna asked curiously, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Just be careful who you make friends with," Greyson warned. His tone was firm and Indianna couldn't help but wonder why he cared.

"But Brandon and Brooke-"

"They are good people. I just don't like Brandon." Greyson waved his hand dismissively. "It's not them that I'm talking about."

"I've not met anyone else." Unless she counted the voice in her head.

"I'm not surprised."

"Why?" Indianna found herself meeting his eyes.

"You're not exactly approachable, are you Indie?"

"Indie?"

Greyson ignored her. "I get it, you're shy, you're not used to people, are you? I plan to change that though. It's not every day I get to help out a social outcast?"

"What? I'm not a social-"

"I'm teasing," Greyson interrupted and chuckled. "Besides, do you know how many girls would kill to be in your position?"

"No?"

Greyson leaned closer to Indianna and she sucked in a breath, staring at him cautiously. "With a click of my fingers, I could have anything I want," he whispered. "People are terrified of me, but they also want me. And here I am, talking to you."

"Oh. Okay." Indianna didn't know what else to say. She wasn't good with conversations or being sociable, especially when she was talking to someone as confident, self-assured and cocky as Greyson.

"So, Indie, why did you move here?" Greyson asked when it became obvious that Indianna was not going to carry on the conversation.

"My mother wanted a change of scenery," Indianna answered, but her voice was quieter, distant. She did not want to talk to Greyson anymore. She wanted to be left alone. She hated the looks she was receiving from students in the classroom, watching her with curious eyes, gossiping with their friends about how Greyson Evans was talking to the shy new girl.