ten

TEN

Indianna had fallen asleep, her head resting on the window and her fingers still linked with Greyson's. Greyson slowed the car to a stop and looked at Indianna for a few moments, wishing that she could be as peaceful as she was in this moment forever. Eventually, he pulled his hand from hers and exited the car, walking around and carefully opening the passenger seat door and lifting Indianna into his arms.

He turned and approached the large four-story house in front of him just as the door opened and Ace and Kal exited, walking up to Greyson. "Quiet," Greyson warned them.

"What happened?" Ace asked worriedly. "Is she okay?"

"She's overwhelmed. Probably in shock," Greyson explained.

"Why?"

Greyson sighed. "Rogue?"

Kal perked up and grinned, cracking his knuckles. "Rogues? Tell me where-"

"No!" Greyson snapped. "Not rogues. Rogue. The Rogue. He appeared and Indianna recognised him."

There was a silence between the three boys.

"He killed her father," Greyson said quietly.

"Shit."

"Why is he here?" Ace asked.

"Probably to finish the job," Kal muttered. "Everyone knows he's a psychopath."

"No. If he wanted her dead then she'd be dead. He wants her alive." Greyson looked at Ace. "I need you to gather some men and search every single fucking inch of this town. If you find him, you kill him. I'm not taking any chances, not when it comes to her."

"Of course," Ace said obediently. "Anything you need."

"Kal, I need you to go to Indianna's mother's house, just to keep watch in case Rogue decides to pay Iris a visit."

Kal nodded. "Gotcha."

"What about Indianna? Maybe you should take her to see Doc?" Ace suggested.

"I'm just going to wait until she wakes and see how she is. She's going to be shaken up. Get to work you two and keep me updated." Greyson walked away from Ace and Kal, entering his home and making his way to his bedroom. There, he laid Indianna onto the large bed and sighed, softly running his fingers through her brown hair as he fell back onto a leather armchair. "We'll get him, sugar, and we're going to make him pay.

*

Indianna was jolted awake by the image of teeth clamping down on her skin and she gasped, bolting upright. Her panic didn't subside as she took in the unfamiliar room she was in and she clenched the soft black bed sheets in her fists, her eyes darting around frantically. She looked straight past Greyson at first, but she froze and slowly moved her eyes back to him. He was sat upright in a leather armchair, his gaze locked on her.

"Rise and shine, sugar."

"What's going on?" She asked cautiously. "Where am I?"

"You're at my house. In my room."

"Why? And how did I end up in your bed?"

"You fell asleep in my car so I took you here as I thought you might be slightly freaked once you woke up."

Indianna frowned. "Why would..." Her eyes shot open wide as she remembered the events of the evening. "Oh my God," she whispered. "The wolf... It-"

"Try not to panic," Greyson said calmly. "It was just a wolf, they're quite common in this town. They rarely come into public-"

"It was the same wolf," Indianna said. "The same wolf that attacked-"