eight

EIGHT

"How long are we going to be stuck here?" Indianna wondered, looking up at Greyson who shrugged.

"Your guess is as good as mine."

"It's been two hours," she muttered and pulled at her hair in frustration. "I- oh... Uh oh."

"Sugar, are you alright? You look like you're going to be-"

"Sick." Indianna scrambled up from the floor and rushed into the girl's bathroom that was only a few meters down the hall. She stumbled into a stall and fell to her knees as she retched and vomited into the toilet bowl.

"Indianna?" Greyson's footsteps neared the stall Indianna was in.

"Go away," she groaned and gagged.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Don't come in!"

Indianna was sick again and Greyson pushed open the door to the stall. "Clearly," he said and she felt his warm fingers graze her neck as he lifted her hair from her face.

"Greyson, please, I don't want you seeing me like this," Indianna complained.

"Deal with it, sugar."

Indianna vomited once more before falling back onto her heels and taking a deep breath. "Oh my god," she grumbled and gratefully accepted tissue from Greyson. "Thank you," she muttered and wiped her mouth.

"Are you done?"

"I hope so."

"Come on, up you get." Greyson reached out and helped Indianna up from the floor, holding her tightly to him. "You're definitely going to need food after you've just brought that all up."

"God, just the thought is making me nauseous." Indianna shuddered and she washed her mouth out at the sink, groaning. "I just want to go to sleep. I feel like death."

"Let's go back into the hall and you can sit down."

Indianna didn't complain as they returned to the hall and sat down. She closed her eyes and felt sleep taking over immediately, and she ended up sleeping soundly on Greyson's shoulder.

*

Greyson looked up when he heard footsteps approaching Indianna and him.

"Greyson."

"Hello, Brooklyn."

"Greyson, she's ill isn't she?"

"Yes."

"Is it...?"

"Yes."

"Is she...?"

Greyson paused. "Yes."

"But she doesn't know?"

"No."

"Why aren't you telling her-"

"Don't say anything, she's waking up."

Indianna stirred and her eyes fluttered open. She yawned and narrowed her eyes when she realised she was leaning on Greyson's shoulder. She quickly sat up and looked at Brooklyn who was sitting opposite them.

"Hi Indianna, are you feeling any better?" Brooklyn asked, her voice gentle, and Indianna shrugged in response

"Not really," she mumbled and looked at the time on her phone. Two hours had passed while she was asleep. "Is the storm still going on?"

"Yeah," Brooklyn nodded and shifted uncomfortably when there was a crash of thunder. "But I heard the teachers saying that it should be over soon, thank God. I hate storms."