thirteen

THIRTEEN

Indianna's eyes opened and she winced at the bright light above her. She groaned and rubbed her eyes, jumping when somebody cleared their throat. "Rise and shine, sugar."

Indianna bolted upright in bed when she heard Greyson's voice but he appeared in front of her immediately, gently taking her wrists into his hands. She had been freed from her restraints while she was unconscious. "Stay calm," Greyson said to her. "Don't try to run off." Suddenly his voice was in her head. *I know what you're going to do before you do, sugar.*

Indianna looked at Greyson's hands on her wrists. She didn't want to feel the confusing sparks. "Let go of me," she whispered. Greyson gave her a warning look but did as she asked. "Let me leave."

"How do you feel?"

"Let me go home."

"Answer the question."

"Like shit, can I go now?"

"Doc says you can still have a seizure at any random time. You had four while you were sleeping. I don't think it's wise for you to leave."

"Let me go home, Greyson!"

"No."

"Then give me answers."

"I can't right now, not until the others get here."

"Greyson-"

"You need to stay calm, Indie. You are still at the beginning of the process and the pain and seizures can easily start again if your heartbeat rises."

"What the hell is the process you are talking about?"

"I can't tell you that until the others get here."

Indianna ground her teeth, wanting to throttle him. "Why was I in pain?"

"I can't say yet."

"You're useless!" Indianna groaned and covered her face with her hands. "I can't be here, Greyson. I hate hospitals. I hate needles. I hate it all. I've not seen a doctor since-" Indianna stopped abruptly, her eyes scanning the medical equipment around her and she paled.

"Since the attack?"

"I don't want to think about that," she muttered and shook her head.

"Sugar," Greyson said, placing his hand on her knee. "Look at me."

Indianna sighed and looked up. She couldn't help the flutter in her stomach when she stared into his eyes. His lips twitched at the corners, knowing how she reacted to him. "What, Greyson?"

"I'm going to give you answers soon and you have to promise me not to freak out."

"I can't promise that, Greyson."

Greyson gritted his teeth and shook his head. "Just don't try to run, you won't get anywhere. Please, Indie."

"Am I a prisoner here, Greyson?" Indianna asked quietly.

"No."

"Are you sure?" Indianna arched an eyebrow. "It's feeling a like I'm trapped in this goddamn room."

"It will all make sense once everything is explained. I promise you."

The door to the infirmary opened and Kirstie walked in followed by Ace, Kal, Harry and Brooklyn. Greyson couldn't help but smirk when Indianna tensed. He loved how she was her true self around him but retreated into herself around other people. He was glad that he was the first person that she had opened up to but he also hoped he would gain some confidence eventually.