five

FIVE

The sun was shining brightly and it was making Indianna feel worse as she walked into school that day.

*You shouldn't have come in, sugar.*

*If you aren't going to answer my questions, then don't talk to me.* Indianna was quick to reply and she narrowed her eyes at the ground as she entered the school building, her temper particularly short today.

"Hey, beautiful."

Indianna stopped in her tracks when a brown-haired boy appeared in front of her and she looked up, her eyes going wide. "Are you new around here?" The boy asked and Indianna felt extremely uncomfortable as she watched this boy as his eyes shamelessly trailed up and down her body.

Indianna hadn't dressed as modestly as the day before due to her soaring temperature, but she didn't think that her shorts and a vest top were an invitation for boys to stare at her like a predator.

"I'm sure I would remember somebody like you," the boy continued, smirking. He clearly thought that he was charming, but Indianna just felt very wary, not liking the sleazy glint in his eyes.

"Sorry," she apologised quietly and stepped to the side. "I have somewhere I need to be."

"Where are you in a rush too?" The boy placed his hand on Indianna's arm and she stiffened, not liking the touch of his clammy skin on hers. "I can show you around, sweet cheeks."

"I'm good, thank you," Indianna murmured and tried to step back but she was suddenly pulled forward. The force at which she crashed into the boy's chest left her slightly dazed, but his now tight hold on her arm quickly brought her back to reality.

"You should be more grateful!" The boy snapped and Indianna shrank as far away from him as she could, "A pretty little thing like you shouldn't be left alone, there are some mean guys around here."

"G-get off me!" Indianna whimpered, her heart pounding in her chest. She tried to push the boy away, but he was strong.

"You need someone like me to look after you, darling." There was an edge to the boy's voice and fear filled Indianna.

"P-please!" Indianna begged. "Please, let me go!"

"You-"

The boy was cut off by a very familiar voice and Indianna looked behind him to see Greyson. His eyes were locked onto the guy holding her and he looked angry. "The girl asked you to let her go."

The boy scoffed, not turning to face Greyson. "Fuck off, mate, I'm busy."

There was a pause and Greyson raised his eyebrows at the back of the boy's head. "Big mistake," he murmured and Indianna gasped when she saw Greyson's fingers wrap around the boy's throat. The boy froze and his eyes widened in fear when he saw Greyson beside him.

"Shit, man, I didn't know it was you. I-"

Greyson applied pressure to the boy's neck and he was cut off, gasping for air. "Let her go," he whispered menacingly into the boy's ear. His dark tone sent a shiver down Indianna's spine and he wasn't even talking to her.

Immediately, Indianna was released and she stumbled backwards, crying out in surprise when she crashed into somebody. She panicked and stumbled, she wasn't sure if it was shock or her feeling ill that made her lose balance, but she was steadied by the person she had stumbled into.

"Relax," a calm voice said and Indianna looked into the kind eyes of Greyson's friend, Ace. The nice one. "Relax, it's just me, I'm not going to hurt you. Are you o-"