six

SIX

Indianna couldn't speak, she sat still, frozen in shock. Even though she had been slightly suspicious of Greyson, the revelation that the voice she was hearing was actually him, left her speechless.

*Sugar?* Greyson urged, sensing her shock. *Talk to me?*

*I...*

*You're shocked.*

*No shit.*

*There's no need for bad language.*

Indianna narrowed her eyes. *Tell me how this is possible?*

*I can't answer that yet.*

*You said you'd give me answers!*

*I told you who I am.*

*I really wish you hadn't now.*

Greyson's low chuckle filled Indianna's head. *Now, that's not very nice, sugar.*

*What were you talking about earlier? With my mum?*

*I can't answer that either.*

*You're messed up, Greyson. Really messed up.*

*How so?*

*What you were saying to my mum, that wasn't right.*

*Care to elaborate?*

*You said that I 'belong to you' and something about crossing the border into your land. And what the hell is a 'pack'?*

*You're just full of questions, sugar.*

*And you find that surprising?*

*No, quite annoying actually. Do you have to be so curious?*

Indianna's mouth dropped. She couldn't believe this boy. *This is your fault! You can't just randomly start talking to a girl in her head and then call her annoying for wanting to know how!*

*You're talking a lot, you're angry,* Greyson observed.

*Yeah, you think?*

*You are a lot more talkative in your head than in person.*

*What has that got to do with anything?*

*It's just an observation.*

Indianna huffed and rubbed her eyes. She couldn't deal with Greyson right now, he was completely infuriating and she wasn't sure if it was entirely on purpose or not. *If you aren't going to answer my questions then don't talk to me.*

*I'll see you tomorrow then, sugar.*

*I'm ill. You blackmailed me into going home today. Who says I'm going to be well tomorrow?*

*I do.*

*

Greyson was right.

Indianna did feel better in the morning. Her head didn't feel like a banging drum and she didn't constantly feel like she was going to be sick. She felt well-rested, but her temperature remained, though it wasn't as bad as yesterday. This meant that she had to go to school.

She had to see Greyson.

She sighed loudly and climbed out of bed, making her way into her bathroom to shower and get ready for the day. She washed quickly and changed into a pair of jeans and a vest top and slipped into a pair of sandals. The sun was shining brightly when Indianna opened her curtains and she glanced at her reflection in the window. She looked tired and worn out, but it was a significant improvement from yesterday.