twelve

TWELVE

Greyson rushed into his house and went straight to the infirmary, Indianna's weight in his arms didn't slow him down one bit. "Doc!" Greyson yelled, kicking the door open with his boot. "Doc, where the hell are you?" He laid Indianna on the hospital bed and turned just as a middle-aged man with greying hair entered the room.

"Oh my-"

Doc looked at Indianna who was shaking violently and Greyson clenched his hands into fists. "Don't just fucking stare at her, Doc! Help her!" He growled and Doc nodded, hurrying over to Indianna's side.

"She's... She's starting the process. I wasn't aware we had any shifts happening soon."

Indianna screamed out in pain as her stomach felt like it was being ripped apart by knives. She wasn't unconscious, but she wasn't in control of her body. She could feel herself shaking, but she couldn't find the energy to move any part of her body. All she felt was pain.

"She's not a fucking pack member, help her now, Doc!" Greyson growled, power oozing from his voice.

"Not a pack member?" Doc questioned as he held his hand to Indianna's forehead. "Alp-"

"Doc, unless you want your heart ripped out and shoved up your fucking ass, I would advise you to do something and help her!"

Doc coughed, paling ever so slightly at Greyson's threat even though he should be used to it by now. "Her core body temperature is rising," he said. "I need to cool it down."

"Then do it!" Greyson snapped and tensed when Indianna stiffened and screamed again. Her body started to shake violently and her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

Doc cursed. "She's seizing. Greyson, I need to give her medication to stop the seizure before it causes any damage. Can you hold her arm for me?"

Greyson did as he was told and held Indianna's arm out as Ace, Kal, Harry and Brooklyn watched from the side of the room. Brooklyn had tears in her eyes and Harry was holding her to his chest. He placed his hand on the back of her head, turning her face into his chest so she couldn't watch. Harry's face was emotionless.

"Ace, hold the bottom of her arm still!" Doc instructed. Once Ace was in place Doc worked in between Greyson and Ace, expertly inserting and securing a cannula into Indianna's arm so he could administer the medication. "Ace you can let go but make yourself useful and connect up an oxygen mask for her." Doc turned to a tray he had pulled up beside him and picked up a needle and syringe, drawing the medication up. He had it connected to the cannula in Indianna's arm in seconds and nodded to Greyson. "You can let go. I've given her a benzo, it's fast acting and she should stop seizing very quickly. I need her clothes off though, we need to lower her body temperature. It's contributing to the seizure."

"Everyone out," Greyson growled.

"Greyson, an extra pair of hands may be helpful-"

"The two of us will manage fine," Greyson snapped, casting his gaze to his friends. "Get out, now."

"You know where we are if you need us," Ace said kindly and Harry led them out of the room, pulling Brooklyn out with him.

"Greyson, who is this girl?" Doc asked, eyebrows raised curiously. He looked at Indianna who was now relaxed, the seizure had stopped. "And do you know if she has shown any signs of the change recently?"

"Yes. She hasn't been well for the past few days, but that doesn't explain why she has reacted like this," Greyson said worriedly. "I've never known anyone to have a seizure before."

"It's uncommon," Doc said as he started to hook Indianna up to machines to monitor her. Greyson had started to cut away Indianna's top in an attempt to cool her body temperature. "It's more common in those who are physically unprepared for the change. What do you know about this girl?"