Loki - forgiven

Wondering about the tower, you were flicking through a file. While you were reading, you bumped into someone, stumbling back a few a few steps, you closed the file and looked at the person in front of you.

"Ah, Thor. Sorry."

"It's not a problem." He beamed, "I'd like for you to meet my brother. Loki. Loki, this is (Y/N)."

You turned to face the brooding god next to Thor and offered him a small smile and a polite bow of the head.

"Nice to meet you. I would stay to talk but I'm late for a meeting."

With that, you rushed around them, carrying on reading the file in your hands.

Time passed, you barely saw Loki. Occasionally passing him in the hallways or finding him in the library.

Running into the library, you leaped over the couch, unaware that someone was sitting on it and ran over to the shelves.

"Come on, come in, come on..." you whispered.

"Why did you jump over the couch?" A bored tone asked.

Jumping, you spun around to find Loki laid across it, book in his lap.

"Oh, hi! Sorry, I wouldn't have jumped over it if I saw you there."

Beaming brightly at him, you spun around and carried on scanning the shelves.

"Have you seen the book about mutants?" You asked.

"Yes, I am currently reading it."

"Oh..."

Turning around, you saw him showing you the cover of his book before he went back to reading it.

"Do you need this?" He asked.

You shook your head and walked over, sitting in the table before him.

"Not for anything important. I was just looking for some information on a mutant for Fury."

"I see."

You reached into your pocket and pulled out a bit of paper, handing it over to him.

"Have you read anything that resembles this?"

Loki sighed and rolled his eyes, taking the paper from your hands, briefly looking it over before handing it back.

"Shape changer."

"Yes! Thank you! I owe you one!"

"You owe me one?"

You nodded and punched his shoulder a little as you stood up.

"Yup, if you need anything just lemme know and I'll do my best to help."

With that, you ran back out the room leaving Loki there confused.

"She's strange..." he muttered to himself.

A few days later and Loki was actively searching for you.

"Where is (Y/N)?" He asked aloud.

"Currently in the training room." Jarvis replied.

"Thank you."

Loki started to head that way, he still wasn't used to talking to thin air and getting answers.

Knocking on the door lightly, he walked in and looking around. You were throwing knifes at a target in the far corner.

"Hey Loki." You called, throwing your last knife.

"Hello, are you able to convince fury to allow me to leave the building on my own."

You furrowed your brows for a second, shaking your head slightly.

"There's no way he'll allow that, who is meant to go with you?"

"Stark..." Loki huffed.

Snickering, you shook your head and took a drink.

"I can probably get it swapped to me if that's any better?"

"I can accept that."

"Great, I'll give you a call when I'm ready."

It took a long time, but fury finally gave in and you were waiting for Loki at the base of the tower, hands stuffed in your pockets.

"I'm ready."

"Great, where we going?"

"The book store."

You hummed and followed alongside him, watching as people quickly scurried out of his way. After all, everyone knew who he was and what he'd done.

"Pathetic, they're all running away."

"Well, you did try take over the planet. That's sort of a huge deal."

"Everyone stays away from me, but you don't seem to mind. Why is that?"

You shrugged a little.

"I forgave you a few days after you came here."

Loki glanced at you before looking away.

"Why?"

You hummed, spinning around to walk backwards as you watched him.

"Life is short Loki, you can't spend all your time holding grudges and hating people. Just forgive. Don't wait, because there will never be a right time. One day everyone will regret not letting go of their grudges."

Loki watched as you spun back around, jogging over to a bench, jumping on the back of it to walk.

You had the energy of a puppy, you were always so hyper, but you always managed to be calm when you needed to be.

You never hated anyone, and always tried your hardest to make everyone's lives a little better if possible.

Though Loki wouldn't admit it, he liked when you stopped by, you always made him feel included, even though he wasn't the best of people, you made him feel like he wasn't all that evil