Steve - Faded memories part 5

You left the following day, having had your fill of books.

"Ah, there you are dear, I was getting worried we could not find you."

You carried on walking into the kitchen and took the coffee Micheal held out with a smile.

"Sorry, I was reading." You turned to the group, "morning all."

There was a chorus of mornings, and you happily beamed, skipping over to the counter where Steve was sat.

He looked at you, in his eyes was nothing but sadness, and love. Though, that's how people usually looked at you.

"Do I make you sad?" You asked.

Steve blinked in shock but nodded slightly.

"A little bit, but not in a bad way. It's just... you look so much like someone I used to love when I was younger, before I went off to war."

Your head ached a little as he said this, voices rang inside your mind.

"I promise I'll be back..."

"I'm sorry..."

You brought a hand up to your head, shaking it a little bit.

"(Y/N)?" Micheal asked concerned, "What is the matter?"

"It's.. it's nothing..."

You cleared your head and turned back to Steve, smiling brightly as you clasped your ands behind your back.

"Forgive me for my unusual behaviour, I have a bit of a headache is all. I'm sure she loved you back. You're a nice man."

Steve blushed slightly, he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

"Thank you..."

You beamed and skipped away, fully aware that Micheal was following behind you. When you got to an empty hallway you stopped and let your smile fall.

"What really happened?"

"I.. heard a voice... it made me upset is all..."

"Is it from your past?"

"Possibly.. it was after Steve said something to me..."

Micheal walked over, placing a hand on the side of your face as he smiled.

"All you need to do is ask dear, I will return your memories to you."

"No. I don't want them, I got rid of them for a reason, it's clearly something I didn't want to remember. Besides, why would I need my past when I have you! You're my best friend, I owe everything to you."

With a laugh, Micheal shook his head, bringing you in for a hug which you more than happily returned.

"You owe me nothing, you repaid me the moment you decided to stay. You have given me company, made me not so lonely."

You both stood in a hug for a few more minutes until someone came around the corner.

"Well, no wonder she wouldn't date me, she's already dating you." Tony chuckled, "we need you guys, we've found something."

You hummed, pulling away from the other vampire and held out your arm.

"Shall we return?"

"We shall."

Micheal looped his arm with yours and you both head back.

"Also, Tony? I will not date you simply because you wouldn't be able to handle being with someone of immortality." You winked.

Tony grinned, rolling his eyes as you walked past.

"I'm sure point break would."

"Hm, God's are not my kind of people. No offence to you Thor."

"None taken." Thor smiles as you stood beside him.

Tony snapped back into his serious personality and pulled up a map on the table before you all.

In the middle was a red dot, and different things begun being shown in the air.

"We've found them, now we just need to take them out."

"This is my fault, I should not have turned so many people. I simply could not stand them being in pain, in helping them, I have destined many to their deaths." Micheal sighed.

You placed a hand on his back, rubbing up and down to comfort him.

"This is not on you, they chose this path you never forced it upon them."

You ruffled his hair making his roll his eyes as he fixed it, and stood back, a gleam in your eyes.

"Now, how about we got sort out some vampires?"