Steve - faded memories part 4

While Micheal helped the heroes with the rouges, you wondered about the tower, interested in everything inside it.

"Is there something I can help you with?" Bruce asked as you walked into the room.

You shook your head lightly walking over to him to peer at what he was doing.

"No, I am simply just exploring is all. I was trying to find the library."

"I heard you like books." He smiled.

You nodded excitedly at him.

"Yes! I simply love getting lost in the world of someone else, the adventure, the love, the mystery."

Bruce stood up, picking his glasses up from the desk as he held a hand out towards the door, gesturing for you to follow along.

"I'll take you there."

"Thank you Mr Banner."

He blushed slightly and nodded his head as he led you throughout the tower.

"What is it you do here?" You asked.

"I'm a scientist, I mainly preform and come up with experiments while I'm not working. Trying to make the world a better place."

"That's rather admirable, I hope you can achieve this dream of yours sir."

"Thank you, you're very polite. You're it from this time are you?"

"No, I was born in the 1900s, I decided to change after the war."

He nodded his head, he pushed some doors open and you grinned excitedly as you ran in, waving to Bruce.

"Thank you very much!"

"Anytime." He laughed.

You skipped along the shelves, jumping from the different floors grabbing a load of books.

Once you were satisfied with the ones you chose, you jumped back down to the floor and looked for a table.

You found one, but you realised that you weren't the only one here.

"Many apologies for disturbing you, may I have a seat?"

Bucky looked up, his eyes widening a little as he looked at you but he quickly regained his composure, nodding his head.

"Yeah..." he replied gruffly.

You smiled brightly and sat down, opening a book to start reading.

A silence washed over the room, you had nearly finished your first book when Bucky finally decided to speak.

"Can I... ask you something...?"

"Of course you may."

You set your book down and watched him carefully.

"Do you regret it...?"

"Regret what?"

"Becoming... what you are today...?"

You hummed and shook your head, leaning back in your chair.

"Well, no. Sometimes I do wonder what my life was like before I agreed to let Micheal change me. I know I can ask him to give them back, but I don't wish to, I know that if I agreed to this I was in great pain."

Bucky nodded along, his couldn't bare to meet your gaze which for some reason he seemed sad.

"Did I upset you.. if so I'm sorry."

Bucky shook his head and stood up giving you a soft smile.

"You just look a lot like someone I used to know..." he spoke quietly.

You watched him leave with confusion, it was possible you used to be friends with him or something when he was younger, you maybe you crossed paths with him?

No, no. That wasn't it, it felt like something more than that