Steve - a chance

You paced the length of the cell you were in, glaring slightly at the shackles on your wrists before glaring at the glass on the side of the room.

"You've arrested me, come speak with me then." You barked out.

There was a pause and the door opened, in slipped the man that arrested you. Captain America.

"Please, have a seat." He said, gesturing to the chairs.

You stopped walking, titling your head a little as you curled your lips in disgust.

"No."

He sighed softly and nodded his head, placing a folder on the table as he took a seat.

"Well, you've been calling me in here every day for the past month. Get it over it."

"I refuse to send you to prison. I believe you can be an asset, and I'd like you to be on our team.

"As I've said every other time, no." You snarled.

"Please consider it, either you have to join us, or you need to be imprisoned. You've not done anything wrong, it's simply because of you powers."

"The weak fear the strong." You shrugged.

"You're right, they do. And I don't think it's right to put you away simply because of what you can do."

You shrugged your shoulders at him and l any against the far wall, eyeing him carefully.

"That is unfortunately how life is Rogers. There's nothing we can do about that."

"We can try change it."

"The world is full of sheep, weak and scared. The people like us? We're the outliers, different. My entire life I've been nothing but a lone wolf, who is misunderstood and labelled as dangerous."

Steve smiled softly at you, and pushed the folder away from himself. He stood up and walked over making you watch him carefully. He stood a few feet away from you and held out his hand.

"I understand, I have been as well. Simply for being a super soldier. Please (Y/N), all I'm asking is that you trust me. Let me change peoples opinion on you."

You stared into his eyes, all you saw was honestly and hope. You knew he really wanted to help you, you've known that this whole time, but you were refusing it.

Signing softly, you reached out your shackled hands, hesitating before softly placing them in his.

You let down your defence and Steve could see how scared and unsure you were, a he gave you a reassuring smile and covered your hands with his other one.

"It'll take time, but I'll give it a shot."

"Thank you, it's all I ask. I promise you won't regret it."

You chuckled lightly and shook your head, he was definitely different from other people, you knew that.

"You shouldn't make promises you can't keep you know."

"I'll keep it, I'm a man of my word."

"I suppose we'll see then, won't we?"

Steve laughed at you and let your hands go, gesturing to the door for you to follow him.

You did but stopped, once you stepped out of the door you would love a whole different life.

Maybe people would stop looking at you in fear, maybe they would finally accept you for who you were.

Steve gave you a small nod, and you took a deep breath before stepping out.

Today was the start of a new life for you, one of hope and light