Tony - Love hurts

You watched him from across the room, flirting with another pretty woman who simply just wanted to hook up with the famous iron man.

Sighing, you took a sip from your drink, heading over to the bar where you found Steve and Clint talking.

"What's up sourpuss?" Clint chuckled.

Steve slid from his chair and offered it to you, giving you a warm smile as he stood beside you.

Clint poured you another drink and slid it over, leaning over the counter.

"Nothing..." you muttered.

You flicked your gaze back over to Tony before looking away.

"Oh, I understand now." Clint nodded.

"What's going on?" Steve asked.

"She's in love with iron ass."

"Oh, have you told him?"

You shook your head and Steve and took another sip of your drink.

"No... but... every time I look at him.. it's just... it hurts. He never looks at me twice, he never spends any time with me unless he has too... it breaks me every time I see him flirting with some random woman... but he seems happy... I.. I don't wanna take that away..."

Steve wrapped an arm around your shoulder as tears started to fall from your eyes. Clint jumped over the counter and instantly pulled you into his chest.

"Hey, it'll be alright." Clint whispered.

"Yeah, things will get better." Steve nodded.

You sniffled and wiped your eyes, smiling weakly at the pair of them.

"Why does it hurt so much though..?" You asked, clutching your shirt.

"Sometimes it's the pain that tells you it was love, not the butterflies." Steve replied.

You looked at him, finding the same hurt you felt in his eyes and sighed softly. Standing up with your head titled towards the floor.

"I'm gonna go for a walk, clear my head."

You slipped around them but the pair instantly fell into line with you.

"Where you all going?" Natasha asked, her and Bruce tagging along.

"(Y/N) is off for a walk, so we're going with her."

"I was getting bored anyways." Bruce shrugged.

Natasha agreed and you laughed slightly as you all got into the lift, all heading downstairs.

"Thanks guys."

"Hey, you're upset. We've gotta look out for you." Natasha laughed.

"Yeah! You look after us, it's our turn." Steve beamed.

Laughing, again, you all wondered out aimlessly into the quiet streets, finding Thor coming back from the shop along the way.

Upon seeing you, he quickly joined.

"One day you'll find love (Y/N)!" Thor declared.

"Thanks big guy."

You all laughed and joked as you walked around, just wondering about the streets until you finally made your way back to the tower nearly an hour later.

You took the lift to your floor and quickly hugged everyone before stepping out.

"Thanks guys, I feel a little better now."

"If you need anything let us know." Bruce smiled.

You nodded and watched them leave before moving further into your floor, heading to the bedroom, simply just collapsing on the bed with a groan.

Without realising you fell asleep, someone gently shaking you woke you up.

Stirring you slapped whoever it was lightly and pushed them away as you sat up, rubbing your eyes with a yawn.

"Clint.. I swear to god if you've filled my bathroom with bubbles again.." you grumbled.

There was a chuckle and your eyes opened a little more, seeing Tony crouched before you.

"Wrong person. Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"I saw you all leave last night and you looked upset."

"Oh... yeah no. I'm fine."

Tony frowned and reached a hand up towards your face but you loved away from his touch making him stop.

"(Y/N)? What's going on?"

You shook your head and went to stand up. Tony quickly placed his hands on your shoulders and sat you back down again.

"Somethings going on. You've been acting off for a while."

You stayed silent for a few moments, thinking about what Steve said last night you sighed. You couldn't keep it bottled up inside anymore.

"Why does love hurt so much?" You asked.

"Who hurt you? I'll kick there ass for you."

"You..."

Tony's eyes widened, he simply sat there staring at you in shock.

"I.. when.. you... you love me?" He spluttered out.

You laughed slightly, the great Tony Stark was a stirring mess because you told him you love him.

"Yeah.. its an idiot move on my part.."

"Damn, that's hurtful you know." He smirked.

Rolling your eyes, you stood up and pushed him over as you did, making your way out of the room. Tony got on your heels as he ran in front of you to stop when.

"Can I be honest?"

"Sure I guess."

"I love you too."

Your eyes widened this time, and you stared at him in shock.

"What about.. the girls you flirt with..?"

"(Y/N), I don't actually flirt with them. I turned them all down, I was trying to figure out how to ask you out."

You stood there stunned, Tony laughed and placed his hands on your cheeks, snapping you out of your little daze.

"I was going to ask you last night. But you left before I could."

"I'm sorry.." you muttered.

Leaning forward, Tony pressed a kiss to the top of your head, pulling you into his embrace.

"You're an idiot stark..."

"What did I do?!" He laughed.

"I don't know.. you're just an idiot..."

Tony rolled his eyes and chuckled, pulling you in little more, a huge grin on his face while you closed your eyes with a smile. Sometimes things did work out after all